Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Real or fake, Kansas City and Georgia football show the importance of using disrespect properly

SystemSystem Posts: 11,099 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageReal or fake, Kansas City and Georgia football show the importance of using disrespect properly

The NFL and college football games are two very different brands of football. The most gifted quarterback in college football doesn’t always win. Meanwhile, Patrick Mahomes has been to five consecutive AFC title games and just took home his second Super Bowl.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pundits can always disrespect the Dawgs, but what matters are you Championship pedigree! I believe our Dawgs will be a team to push teams to play their best to hang in the game going forward. Now with that being said, Go Dawgs!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Little story: Back in December, shortly after the SEC championship, a friend who is very rational, except when he speaks of the LSU tiggers, explained that LSU 2019 was the greatest team inn college football history. I told him that, IMHO, the 1995 Cornhuskers were the greatest, because they won the year before and and despite having a target on their backs all season, went undefeated and won again. Strangely similar to a more recent story? After the 2nd UGa Natty, the guy explained that UGa "had had a nice run", but 2019 LSU was still the greatest in history. There's a moral in there somewhere.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rayn McGee @ ESPN : Keeping in mind that "underperform" is a relative term, it's hard to imagine that Georgia can replicate what it did in 2021. Big pieces are missing from that historically great defense and Stetson Bennett's time as a folk hero among the fanbase seems to have lasted about a week. Will the Bulldogs win the SEC East? Probably. Will they win double-digit games and play in Atlanta in December? More than likely. Will that be enough? Not a chance. I just heard a click. I think Schlabach just unfriended me.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

The dawgs no longer have to recruit players with smoke and mirrors, telling recruits that they MAY have a chance to play for a natty. No, now the evidence comes with the recruiters, back to back rings chiseled with the words "National Championship". For years Alabama used that against us and now we have arrived and will be shooting for 3 in a row. The other team's recruiters are having to go off script and get a bit more creative nowadays! It's hard to beat reality! GO DAWGS!

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2023

I'm suspecting Connor didn't watch the pre-game on Fox (or forgot). In his second interview (and I'm suspecting in his first, embedded above), Kelce was likely referring to the fact that every single Fox pundit at the table, when asked for a pick (and line), chose Philly. When Kelce next made similar comments to the above, it was responding to Bradshaw, who was one of those pickers. I don't think anyone in their right mind (even a super-amped Kelce) would say not a single reporter (much less fan) anywhere picked KC 😁

As a PS (posted this a little bit ago), Media-ite even had an article covering exactly the above. Here's a quote from the article: "Bradshaw referred to those who picked against the Chiefs as “lowlifes,” but he was also referencing himself since everyone on the Fox Sports panel picked the Eagles to win Super Bowl LVII."

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Yeah, they drink too much in Louisiana....! 🤣

Go Dawgs! Four time National Champs!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I had been on the 2022 GA team, the fact that they (media and or PO committee) ranked Ohio St over Georgia, not to mention Alabama, who the Dawgs just beat, would've made me feel disrespected.

I get that OS recruits in the top-5 almost every year and they almost always dominate the B1G, but when you look at their record in the biggest games against the best of the SEC it's abysmal.

Ohio State is 5-13 against the SEC all time, but that record drops to 2-12 in bowl games. Yet, the PO committee ranked OS No.2 over Georgia - not because OS had a better resume, because they didn't. No, the PO committee said, "OS has a more explosive offense." I believe that was when the disrespect button was really pushed for that team...

It doesn't take much to make someone feel disrespected. There was some of that happening toward UGA last season.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We definitely have a much larger target on our backs now that we've filed away our second straight Natty. It was very clear to me that during the 2022 season every team we played gave us their very best and many played well above their "on paper" potential...ie:Mizzo, Kent St.