Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Todd Monken to leave Georgia, hired as Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator

2»

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought the same thing about Muschamp at the outset, but was wrong. Kirby seems to be right most of the time... how bout we give it a least a year, see what happens! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Monken was exceptionally good, very unpredictable. Hopefully, Bobo will keep a lot of that system. I'm not sure what drives Monken - He isn't head coaching material, so I'm not sure what he's after. Maybe it was a lot of money. As a side note, I bet Bama chipped in some just to get him out of their hair - ha ha, just a joke.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2023

Wish Coach Monken nothing but the best! He has given us three wonderful years, Thank you Coach!

Coach Bobo will be excellent. We scored a lot of points when he was the OC before. Bobo is a great quarterbacks coach. Here is the difference: we dominant on both lines of scrimmage, so he will expose other teams weaknesses. When he coached with CMR, the Dawgs lines of scrimmage were nowhere as dominant as Kirby's teams are. Dawg nation we will do just fine. Go Dawgs

• Options
    NailheadNailhead Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Don't forget Bobo got to the point in his last stint as the OC at UGA that he was pushing the points per game record then! And I find it interesting that when one Harbaugh brother could not beat UGA and Monken at Michigan another Harbaugh brother hired him away to Baltimore. Which Harbaugh wanted Monken at Baltimore the most? And remember UGA with BOBO was one tipped ball away from beating Alabama for the National Championship in 2012. We all know Notre Dame was in the "Championship" game that year as a popularity contest winner, ready to be pounded by UGA or Bama!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I have to give props to those few of us on here that thought Monk was gone. I didn't think so, at least not to Baltimore or Tampa anyway. My hats off to you in this one!

As far as Monken goes, best to him and I am happy he came to UGA, put in his offense during covid break-out year too and just got better and better. Another season would have been the ultimate but thank you. Better to have had you 3 years and you're gone, than to not have had you win 2 natty's for us.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coming in late...Bobo is the man.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim Harbaugh will be in for a rude awakening in the '23 CFN PO's thinking MI will beat UGA because he got his brother to hire away UGA's OC.

Pro coaching is not know as a very secure profession. John Harbaugh is one of the most secure HC's in the NFL. It will be interesting to watch how long Monken stays in Balt.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for an EXCELLENT job of coaching Todd. Appreciate your time and effort and wish you and your family the best going forward.

DawgNation is sure going to miss ya!!