Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Feelings 101 How to feel about the Mike White Hire now

RamRam Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited February 2023 in Basketball

Unfortunately we're about done with basketball season. I was reading comments to my video when Georgia Hired Mike White alot of people and I mean alot of people we're mad how do ya'll feel now?

Here's the thing Mike White at Florida made the Tournament I believe every year he was there. Made it to the Elite 8 one year as well people don't understand I'd LOVE to have those seasons at Georgia and to be honest I think we're heading there

Last season Georgia went 6-26(1-17) overall and man now 16 wins Georgia actually has a shot to be in the Big Dance.....What's their to be Disappointed about?

Sure Beating Georgia tech(Rigged ending btw) and upsetting Alabama would have been amazing but

We've beat a ranked Auburn team Finally beat South Carolina many long years and actually beat Kentucky not to mention a TRUE road win at Ole miss

When people say they're Disappointed in the season I absolutely just get at a loss of words I don't understand how you can be disappointed

Hopefully we finish strong though I believe we can Thanks :3

Comments

• donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Agree with your sentiment but I don't see the Big Dance in our future this year. Perhaps, if we make the SEC tourney, a very strong finish there - top 4 - might do it. I do see it in the near future.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe the NIT will come a’ calling…that would be a first season’s win….!

Go Dawgs!

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great hire. Now spend some money on recruiting.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m fine with NIT his first year. Need to spend money or they won’t be competitive with any coach

• CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where would you allocate the priority in spending between players, coaches/staff, equipment and facilities? Every time I go on cmapus I can't help think how the Stegasaurus looks just like it did when I was a student over 30 years ago. I haven't seen the basketball lockerroom since around 2010-2011, so I don't know how much it has been improved since then, but the outside just looks so old. Ingress/egress to the parking lots/decks serving it is terrible as well.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA should follow the football model. Hire the right guy first - that might be Mike White - and then get his wish list and start filling it. I don't know how much a new coliseum would cost - a lot - but that would certainly help. Next on my list would be to do what is needed to get things going in Atlanta for recruiting. JImmies and Joes are essential.