Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia baseball

MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited February 2023 in Diamond Dawgs Baseball

Feel bad for Scott Stricklin, UGA baseball facilities not up to par, won't waive out of state tuition fees like Tennessee ...

Comments

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I reckon them boys might as well forfeit. No reason to play the game if you don’t have a shiny new locker.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the point is that "them boys" might not be the ones he really wants, because they want "shiny lockers" and, more importantly, a waiver of out-of-state tuition. Baseball is also about the Jimmies and Joes.

Gloomy Griffith. He appears upset he has to cover Georgia baseball.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't really follow Dawgs baseball. Someone clue me in on why the AD is so cheap with it. Not like UGA is a poverty school. Also, I seem to recall UGA always having top notch teams. Am I misremembering?

Our baseball program isn’t bad. We have some good years and some sub par years. I do think it could be way better. Much like basketball but overall a better reputation than that. Baseball will follow in footballs footsteps just give it time.

All this can be conveyed without the gloomy Griffith on opening day!

I think the game was "gloomy". I don't have a problem with your reporting on it. Expectations are always high for an opening game, especially at home, and it sounds like the team fell a bit flat. There are still some games left on the schedule.

The gloom was why pile on about bad facilities when we just lost an opening day game at home to Jax St?

We both say what we think as we should, it’s all good.

They did win tonight though…

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MikeGriffith

Hopefully Brooks can get some movement going quicker rather than later. I've been following UGA baseball for a long time and I'd like to see UGA get back to Omaha and be considered elite. The state of Georgia is a hot bed for baseball and football. We gotta start attracting these top-level talented kids in. Waiving out of state tuition needs to be done immediately until the facilities are up-to-date. There is no reason UGA baseball should not be considered one of the best in the country.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

"...and you don't waive out of state tuition,..."

Mike, why do you believe that is the case?

and you have mentioned that Tennessee does this a couple of times.....is there any other SEC school that waives the out of state tuition for baseball players?

Not being contrarian..... just really don't know and am asking.

If GA is a hotbed of talent, we should be able to recruit well in-state w/o tuition waivers. If we do that, with the new facilities on the schedule, we should be OK.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donniem you can't think like that -- your coaches have to have the same opportunities to go out of state as other programs.

There are only so many elite pitchers to go around

Stanford's freshman ace was from Kansas.

Georgia's current best player is from California -- that's not unusual.

Think about football: Where is Kirby without Brock Bowers? Jalen Carter? Jordan Davis?

• DawgvilleDawgville Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Georgia baseball found a beautiful way to lose their first game at Auburn. Error to tie it up and back to back walks to lose it. Not good. 0-4 to start SEC play.