Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL teams eager to see Darnell Washington at combine: ‘I think there’s more there’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageNFL teams eager to see Darnell Washington at combine: ‘I think there’s more there’

Georgia has become a tight end factory in recent years, as the Bulldogs have had a tight end taken in each of the past four NFL drafts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2023

If DW has trained well over the past six weeks, it’s possible his draft status will definitely improve. It’s just a matter of what a team needs. I wish him all the best as he proved to be a great team player

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm gonna miss grandaddy.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's one of those guys that just didn't have enough time on the UGA campus. I'm extremely selfish, but it would have been great to see him around another two years. Wish him all the best.

• Options
    NY3TSCNY3TSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

I believe he becomes a dominant tight end for five years. Switches to tackle after that and becomes All Pro. Best of luck.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Darnell cannot have enough success as far as I am concerned. He hung around Georgia this past year, when he could have used the portal to be somewhere else and be the star. He is a grinder and he plays absolutely selflessly. Watching him celebrate everytime someone else got a score as a result of his hard work blocking made me a big fan. Never a prima donna, this guy is tough as nails. Watching him hurdle opponents after a catch was amazing to watch. This guy deserves every chance to show the NFL what this year's Georgia TE offering looks like. I know he will wow them and move up in the draft. Hard work pays off Darnell and you are about to reap the fruits of your labors! Pulling for you! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Connor is live now on dawgnation! This is Sunday night - 6:30 central time.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darnell will never play at tackle, he's a freak of nature in size and athleticism, but he has a weakness in that he has long shin bones with lots of muscle but just not much mass(comparatively speaking of course). To fight in the trenches you need to be thick in your lower half. Lots of meat on them bones. Big thick ankles that can stand up to being stepped on and crunched.

Washington because of his great upper body stregth and size, opposing players just dove at his ankles and it presented some injury problems. HIs achilles heel, pardon the pun.