Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Full 2023 NFL Combine testing results for Georgia football players

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageFull 2023 NFL Combine testing results for Georgia football players

The testing portion of the 2023 NFL Combine has come to an end, with running backs and offensive linemen closing things out on Sunday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be nice to see how these measures stack up against others at their position. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All in all a very good showing by our Dawgs!

Outstanding!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's what I thought this article was going to be. It's the only way to put perspective on the numbers. Lol...figures a Dawg Nation reporter wouldn't know that. 'Course, it does take time to compile and collate all that data. Maybe they don't use computers at AJC. 🤣

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs did Great all in all. The insults from our rivals just oozes with jealousy !! 😂 When your rivals go out of their way at every opportunity to bash on you, then you Know your killing it And them !! 😂 Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2023

If those overpaid pundits can speculate, so can I

1st Round - carter, Jones, Washington, Nolan smith

2nd- Beal & Ringo (early 3rd)

3rd —

4th McClendon, mcintosh Bennett

5th Jackson

6th Chris Smith

• Options
    edited March 2023

Excellent projection.

Pretty close to where I have em. I've adjusted mine just a little bit, based on the Combine. Not, just the results, but, the commentary across the spectrum. In other words...perception. Cause we all know, that's 9/10ths of reality. Lol

I believe Bennett could go as high as the 2nd and McIntosh could drop to the 5th...and, I think Chris Smith could go in the 3rd or 4th.

I honestly don't see Levis or Richardson going in the 1st round...or, even being one of the top 4 QBs taken. They are projects, that MAY or MAY NOT pan out. I don't see a team wasting a top 100 pick on either of those guys.

My top 5 QBs are Stroud, Hooker, Bennett, Young and Levis/Richardson (running ability). After Stroud..."pick 'em", based on the style of offense and what you need out of your QB.

• Options

McIntosh will be later than us Dawg fans wish unless he shines at the pro day and somehow speeds things up a little.

Bennett definitely improve his stock. Just a mater of fit vs needs.

I agree Chris Smith is a mystery. Reminds me of Tae Crowder in 2020.

• Options

I just hope that the NFL folks will look at tape of KMac and be sure to consider him as a dual purpose back. If they see what We saw, all bias aside he should do pretty well. And he gets one more shot at Pro-Day. He was disappointed with his 40 time cause he Knew could do better. So in my humble opinion if the NFL folks go more by the Combine then yeah unfortunately he might drop to early 5th. But if they factor in his game tape more which they should, he might go high 4th. He needs to have a better showing at Pro-Day to help his cause.

• Options
    edited March 2023

Question of the day !! If Monken wants Stetson working with him, can he ( Monken) talk the wallets at Baltimore into going for Bennett in some of the higher rounds ??

Make it Two questions Lol !! Was/Is Monken really that enamored of Stetson or is that just something we Dawgs fans believe ?? No sarcasm in my questions !! I don’t know when Baltimore’s first and second picks are, But and If Monken Really wants Stets he’s gonna have to sell Ravens management on Stets being worth the $$.

I have No Clue how much authority and power an NFL OC wields. In Monken’s case this is his third time to the dance, So he’s gonna want to Impress for the sake of his own job !! So it’s interesting to wonder what will be going on inside Monken’s head when he gives his input on Who they should draft for the Offense. That’s part of Why he makes that big $$ !! If he rolls the dice and strongly advises get Stetson, And it turns out to be sound and solid advice he’ll be the Hero of Baltimore.

But if he gets Stetson and things don’t work out, Ravens fans will be all over him for burning a pick !! Will be interesting to see how things shake out to say the least !!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Am I the only person simply left slack-jawed that the second-fastest 40 time from the Dawgs came from an edge rusher, Nolan Smith, and that his time was only three-tenths of a second slower than DB Kelee Ringo? That's just amazing to me.

Also, I highly doubt Bennett gets drafted before Will Levis, and probably not before Richardson. Their physical attributes are just going to be too imposing for NFL executives to overlook., in my opinion.

• Options

If the Ravens take Bennett with pick 87(I think)- Monken believes Bennett can be a solid #2 QB. Otherwise I believe he will go 4th to maybe Washington or Atlanta

• Options
    edited March 2023

That’s a reasonable view on your part. Let me ask your opinion and anyone else that cares to answer. IF Monken does get the Ravens Management to take him on, and IF he’s there #2 guy, you think he will work his way up to starter fairly quick ? I don’t keep up with the NFL, but I hear the Ravens are not happy with their starter Jackson. Just Read that now I don’t know how factual, and I think he’s a Free Agent now ?? I also read that the current #2 guy is Terrible. All that is second hand info. I read off the internet, I have no clue how factual it is. Thoughts ? Thx Bro. !!

• Options
    edited March 2023

Hey Dallas the thing I hear from fans outside our Dawgs fanbase are questions about Stetson’s age, and Yes his size as well. Hey if you care to, read the questions I asked @Brooksie and give your feedback on it if you like. IF the Internet stuff I read has any validity to it Maybe with big stress on maybe, Stetson can get on with Monken and the Ravens and work his way up relatively quickly.

I really don’t know. I’m wondering how much trust Monken Really has for Stetson ? I mean his being a brand new OC with the Ravens it will be a Big test of his faith in Stets for him to ask management to thump down allot of $$ !!

But I sure wish with All my heart Stetson could get on with Monken and the Ravens and be Very successful. Because that would be Great for Stetson, Great for Monken, and reflect Great on our Dawgs if that transpired !! Thx Bro. !!

• Options

I can’t help but to pull for Stetson Bennett for Allot of reasons. But one of those is I originally come from a small town in South Ga. much smaller than even Stet’s home town.

See those of you that come from much higher populated areas of our great state are bound to have over time more athlete hero’s just by population alone if nothing else. In most cases Allot of highly distinguished athletes in highly populated areas over time.

My home county is next door neighbors to Herschel Walker’s home county, though I don’t live there now. When we get someone that ascends to great heights like that it’s sort of near and dear to the heart for our small communities.

In small towns everybody pretty much knows everybody personally. I’m probably as usual not making any sense, but when we have a player out of our small HS go on to be a star in the pros once every 25 to 45 years it’s a Big Deal versus schools in large population areas that churn out stars in some sport Every year !!

You know I’ve often wondered with the limited time that recruiters at UGA and other major universities have, do they even Attempt to sift through the smaller High Schools ? I sort of doubt it,

Unless they hear about a player that’s Really, Really good. And I certainly don’t blame them, it’s a time management thing. They only have limited amount of time to analyze and recruit these guys, so quite naturally their gonna go to the big schools that churn out bunches of top notch players. I get that.

But this is like I said earlier just One of the reasons I’m rooting for Stetson to do well. And IF he can not only will it be Great for him but it’ll also reflect positively on UGA and our Dawgs.

And I imagine the folks in Blackshear, Ga. might already have a Statue Committee working on the plans and blueprints for that !! Course I’m pulling for All our Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I tried to post this on the earlier SB4 articles, but wasn't able to do it. SB4 had as good and in many cases better 2022 stats than the 5 QB1st round "cinches". He's bigger than Bryce Young. You could see that when they met on the field after the 2021 Natty. His tosses were equal to Levis. Yet, he's still getting shade.

• Options
    edited March 2023

@navydawg not to ignore your question- I too am a College football fan and usually only follow the NFL around draft season to see where some of the college guys go.

and in reference to your small town pride comment. I’m from a small county in north Georgia. We had 108 seniors in my class in the 80s. I fully understand your comments. We had 1 player go to UGA and then the pros(albeit the strike season). It was pretty exciting. Of course I now have a relative who just might add to that, however his mom is a Clemson grad and the whole house is orange.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

I don't see Beal going in the 2nd rd. Maybe 3rd (like a very productive Channing Tindall did). Rush DE's can be reached for but I'd be surprised if he goes in the 2nd. Ringo will go in the 1st rd. CSmith is small but he should go before the 6th. KMcI in the 3rd seems right. Warren McClendon was a good, solid college player with a lot of high level experience. Something tells me he may slide a little based on how JSalyer slid last year. If he does someone will get a solid pro.

SBIV moved up with a solid combine. He threw well. Granted it was against no D, ideal conditions while being able to set his feet and drive the ball. 4th rd looks about right unless Monken really wants him then all bets are off. IF Monken doesn't want him that will be an interesting story.

A couple of SBIV observations. 1) Bennett's 4.67 was surprising. That 40 did not look like the SBIV on that 64 yard TD run vs AU. Thought he would run a little faster. He looked bigger so maybe the extra weight slowed him a little. Also his shuttle time (reported 4.2) was slower than DWash (reported 4.08?) . Hard to believe that is right. 2) SBIV was flexing his right shoulder during some of the throwing drills (that I saw). Similar to during the season when a shoulder injury was rumored. IF there is ANY lingering throwing shoulder issue it could effect his draft position.

Most of the 1st group of QB's were not particularly impressive. Not much difference between them. Except I thought Max Duggan did not look as accurate. Didn't see the 2nd group. But I see ARichardson and WLevis going in the top half of the 1st round. The ceiling is just too high for these players to slide. Remember ARichardson is 21. What will he be after 4 years of development by professionals when he will be the same age as SBIV is now? Some team will take the chance that he will develop more quickly than expected.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey @navydawg, I'll try to give some sort of answer to your question. About the only things I love more than the Dawgs are God and my family, but that said, I really try to look at the Dawgs without rose-colored glasses, and see them for who they are, warts and all. It would be a nice storybook tale for Bennett to get drafted by Monken and the Ravens, but if one thing has become clear to me since the last Natty, it is that Todd Monken is not THE LEAST BIT sentimental or nostalgic. It is ALL business to him, and I don't think he has any special affection or hate for Stetson Bennett. I'm not sure Monken could do the same things with Bennett in the pros that he could in college. And honestly, even if Lamar Jackson does leave the Ravens -- which I think he will after they franchise him this year -- I don't think Bennett would start. Did he look pretty good at the combine? Yes, he did. But that's a lot different than going against live players in a live setting. But who knows? He's surprised us all before, so anything is possible. But I don't much think the Ravens draft him because that's just too fairy tale. Just like the Falcons don't seem to draft UGA players, even if they need them. Few things in life are that straightforward. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think either is enamored with the other... just little side comments, things not said, and/or reading between the lines over the past couple of years with both of them... despite their success together, I've gotten the sense that neither would clamour to work with the other at the next level (but of course would make it work if circumstances or other influences put them there). Go Dawgs!

• Options

I'm sick of hearing about Bennett's age. Just heard Chris Lowe (ESPN Senior Writer) make a comment on Paul Finebaum...that "Bennett wouldn't be returning for his 10th season,....but,...".

Now, here's the real deal..

2017 (Freshman) ....Bennett graduates HS at age 19. Plays Baker Mayfield for Rose Bowl work up... AGE 20

2018 (Sophmore/JUCO Xfer)...Playoffs. Recruited by Napier and Smart out of JUCO... AGE 21.

2019 (RS So)...Backup to Fromm. Very little playing time. Relegated to "Perpetual Backup" by media and fans... Age 22.

2020 (COVID Year)....Backup, Starter, Injury, Backup... Age 23.

2021 (RS Jr)...Backup-to-Starter. Took Team to National Championship, while starting all, but 2 or 3 games. Some Coaches in Fall Camp, thought Bennett was the "best bet" to start the season. Smart went with Daniels till it was discovered he was injured in the last scrimmage. The rest is history. Age 24.

2022 (RS Senior)...Natty...again! We all know the story. AGE 25.

Now...can somebody PLEASE explain to me...why is the media obsessed with Bennett's age. And...why is Bennett's age (25), a story...where Hooker's age (25), is not? Is it a racial thing?

Is it because @MikeGriffith has been obsessed with it since 2020. Griffith and "Dawg Nation" in general, hammer that detail home, in practically every "UGA QB" or "Bennett" story?

What, exactly, is out of line with Bennett's timeline? He followed normal trajectory...WRT education and COVID deviations. Yeah...he played 6 years and that is unusual. But, only 4 of those years can be counted as actually playing for UGA and DIV1 Football. And, one year was a COVID year, with no Spring or OTA's for Bennett to use for personal growth & development.

The 1st year (2017) was more like a "prep year" for underprivileged players, where Bennett is concerned. He learned how to be a College QB, that year...and took what he learned to the JUCO level for a little practical experimentation and streamlining.

He always had the tools to be a great QB...but, he needed a lot of seasoning, to mature into what he is, now. I wouldn't trade him for a single QB in the lot. Except for, maybe Stroud.

I like Stroud. Shoulda' won the Heisman. Stroud, not winning the Heisman is a travesty and one of the many reasons I don't give that award any credibility...anymore. Lol