Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What we learned on the first day of spring practice for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat we learned on the first day of spring practice for Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Read the entire article, hoping to "learn" something. Nada.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they attacked practice like they did offseason workouts, the Bulldogs should add two potent pass catchers that already returns three of its top five pass catchers from last season.

What?

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior

Huh? I’m confused…this seems like a compilation of previous articles, NOT anything new. Come on, Connor. Do better.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3peat !! 3peat !! 3peat !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA has to three-peat with this arsenal! Amazing assemblage of talent. "Do it for Dev."

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Beck conversely dropped weight in an effort to add more athleticism to his game."

Not a good sign. At all. Beck does not do this without clear information from the UGA coaches as to what type of offense they are going to run going forward. Looks like UGA has no interest in a dropback passing game. As Beck is ill-suited for anything else, that is a decided advantage to BVG. Look for Beck to hit the portal in search of a situation where the school runs a pro-style offense and he can play immediately (Kentucky comes to mind).

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have mercy, gents. Connor, Mike and Brandon are trying to squeeze as many stories as possible out of a very slow season for football. At least, spring practice has now begun so there will be something actually happening on the field to write about.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Idunno. Maybe. Everyone should have something they are working on. If athleticism, slipperiness, and speed are Beck's things, so be it. Vandagriff has said flat out that the mental element of the game has been his weak point thus far. An athletic QB who has trouble with reads, I would imagine, would always be 2nd string to someone with a good arm and a quick mind, who maybe isn't quite as light on his feet,.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Here we go again.. Nothing but negativity towards anything UGA.. Unless you personally know Carson Beck, you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what he will do in the future.You know what they say when you assume.. I'm Suprised you didn't try and weave the nfl into your comment, since it seems to be your answer for everything concerning football.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We're returning three guys who were strong, while two are gone. If the two new guys work as hard during these practices as they did during the offseason workouts, then we'll have five really dependable guys.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

I generally agree with many of your comments but I think you've drawn a very long bow to come to this conclusion. By your logic, the fact that BVG has been told to add 15 pounds means they don't want him to be as mobile. I suggest it's just the normal process of trying to make the overall skill set better by improving one aspect of Beck's game.

I don't know if Beck will win the QB1 comp but he's almost certainly got the pole position. And if he doesn't win it, I agree he will probably (and should) transfer.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

I read everything looking for something new that I haven't read. I didn't find anything. Same information changed around a bit. I still think our next starting Quarterback will be Brock Vandagriff. GO DAWGS!