Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football hires 2 analysts, including former Clemson offensive coordinator

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football hires 2 analysts, including former Clemson offensive coordinator

Georgia saw a number of its analysts depart the program this offseason. Buster Faulkner is now the offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech, while Mike Bobo is Georgia’s new offensive coordinator.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I reported this on the DN Forum before it broke here. Both coaches were terminated by their respective colleges Clemson and A&M and picked up by Georgia. Looks like a couple of real veterans in a good hire. You folks agree?

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some really good second hand news. /s Both of these coaches are excellent hires. Not too shabby on the recruiting trail. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Probably so !! It’s a stake in their hearts to see Kirby and our Dawgs forming an Enduring at the highest levels football program !!

Could be a Gump fan or the u g l y orange folks of TN or UF to Lol !! Makes them so sick to see the success our Dawgs are having !! 😂

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s easy to imagine Streeter taking up Faulkner’s role, while Dickey would likely pick up some of Bobo’s previous responsibilities.

Honestly I hope that the opposite is the case. Streeter - who was scapegoated by Dabo Swinney for years of recruiting failures at WR and the fact that the rest of the ACC has caught up to their scheme - is a spread guy. Dickey meanwhile has been a lot of places but is mostly a pro-style guy. I don't want UGA going down the spread offense path. Winning championships with the spread requires multiple 1st and 2nd round picks at WR. UGA has 2 first round picks at the position in its history - Lindsay Scott and AJ Green - and a single 1000 yard WR. Also the spread hasn't been nearly as successful as the hype indicates. Most of the teams that have won titles with it have had future NFL Pro Bowl QBs like Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton, Trevor Lawrence etc. that would have been successful in pretty much any college system. Better to run an offense where you can win with 5th round picks like Matt Mauck, Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron (also 2 titles) and Stetson Bennett IV at QB. Another thing: those spread offense teams like Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State and I guess now you can add USC and even lately Clemson are a lot better at developing QBs and WRs for the NFL than they are winning college titles. I don't want to see UGA go that route.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's all about the TEAM, I think Streeter and Dickey will add to our offensive and defensive refinement as they blend into the TEAM approach. Within two to three years they will have amassed a reputation that earns them both OC positions. Given the talent they will have, I see only great things for both and the DAWGS.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no gripe with these additions, though don't think they'll stay long. Since the sky is apparently the limit, I don't see why we can't reach for people that truly bleed red and black and will be instantly connected to the culture, like a Hines Ward type of addition. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good or bad say what you want about Nick Saban. But when he gives a coach who is down on his luck a landing spot and chance to rehab his resume it is commendable. Sarkisian has said as much as he "owes it all to Coach Saban".

Seems like CKS is doing some of the same thing. When you help someone up it builds loyalty and they will work hard for you.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting hires for sure. I don't believe CKS is just helping a couple of guys out down on their luck. I think he's always planning ahead. Maybe(maybe) looking to have the ability(option) to switch to a spread system for Gunner at some point? Utilize his unique running skills? JUst a thought.