Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football facilities top elite recruits’ rankings, 4 of top 6 from SEC

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football facilities top elite recruits’ rankings, 4 of top 6 from SEC

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has won back-to-back CFP Championships on the strength of his ability to evaluate, recruit and develop talent.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting article MG and I’m glad to see we are ranked #1 by the recruits, but it’s a strange survey with all types of bias. It’s very likely that many of the great players UGA is recruiting have never visited schools like Illinois, Maryland, West Virginia, Air Force, Washington State, etc. who all received votes. I think recruits would likely say out of personal bias that the school they plan to commit to has the best of everything. With that said, it’s still great that we are #1 no matter what the flaws are in the survey. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ugaarchugaarch Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman
    edited March 2023

So this site feels it’s ok for football to completely upgrade all facilities and has clearly said it matters to recruits what the facilities look like to them when making a college decision. Yet when it comes to basketball, the garbage arena that is Stegman though is ok. You people make absolutely no sense and you’re flat out wrong. Facilities make a massive difference to recruits in all sports. When our basketball program (and baseball for that matter too) is bad like Georgia, we need to realize the issue and a big one is stegman. Football and Kirby has the blueprint. I hope this site quits pushing the narrative that Stegman and these other out of date facilities we have at Georgia are ok and start to understand that they need to go!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

I agree with you that we need upgrades in our basketball and baseball facilities, but the issues are lightyears beyond that. The coaches, fans and players are the real difference makers. Take a close look at this year’s “Sweet 16” and notice that very few (if any) of the teams have facilities listed on anyone’s “top 25” list. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Out of control.

• Options
    ugaarchugaarch Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I disagree that this is light years beyond facilities. It’s quite simple actually, Kirby proves that fact. It all goes hand in hand. Kirby came to GA due to the commitment the university made in facilities. We were not getting him otherwise. Now look at the results we have in football when everything was raised to another level. Same with basketball and baseball. No high level head coach will come here unless that same commitment is made from top to bottom. And the same goes for all the other sports and if not we will continue to be mediocre at best. Those sweet 16 teams may not be in the top 25, but I would argue every single one of them have better arenas than falling apart Stegman, even Princeton.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2023

I have been saying a while that Stegman needs to go. I'm sure it has outlived any lifetime that was projected, when it was built. As for facilities not being in the top 25, that's laughable. Stegman and Foley Field are likely in the BOTTOM 25 of power 5 schools. Top basketball and baseball players will look elsewhere, where significant resources are funneled into those programs.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BubbaBill has a point -- Georgia's facilities aren't any worse than a couple of these teams in the Final Four.

So what is it?

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Or very likely the schools receiving votes got them from players that chose to play there.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Mid-major schools prioritize basketball over football, or have no football program at all. More importantly, I believe, they build their roster with players that stick around and develop as a team, while the Hoop Dawgs have been turning their roster over every year.