Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Has anyone figured out how to delete unwanted drafts?

amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't seem to delete them

Comments

• HankHank Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nope , Its been like this . I asked for help , With no reply ?

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've gone into them and replaced all the content with a single period before. Then saved the single period as a draft... I've never followed through with figuring out if that deletes them or what-not though.

Probably the worst error in the board software though is occasionally, when you go back to make a minor edit to a post you made, you'll lose the entire post when you click save. I used to get an error that would say "awaiting moderator approval", then I'd just never see the post again. It happened to me a few days ago though and I didn't get any message. The post just went away.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I've gone into them and replaced all the content with a single period before. Then saved the single period as a draft... I've never followed through with figuring out if that deletes them or what-not though.

Probably the worst error in the board software though is occasionally, when you go back to make a minor edit to a post you made, you'll lose the entire post when you click save. I used to get an error that would say "awaiting moderator approval", then I'd just never see the post again. It happened to me a few days ago though and I didn't get any message. The post just went away.

i've had the same thing happen. I originally thought I got moderated, but the post was on topic and wasn't controversial.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hank said:
    Nope , Its been like this . I asked for help , With no reply ?

I posted this early on when the forum opened. I got no reply.

@levander, I too have noticed how the forum drops posts when you try to edit. I've learned to copy before hitting, "save" because of it. I also tried the single period thing as well.

• HankHank Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2017

Got it . I finally figured out how to delete the unwanted drafts . Go to your drafts open a draft place your arrow in the upper right hand corner of a draft. There is nothing there but your arrow turns into a pointer (finger) , Click one time and poof its gone . There is something suppose to be there , Its invisible .

I do think it's worth noting that overall, I consider the software on this site very good. Maybe even top 2 or 3 in terms of software of all the boards I've seen. And definitely much better than one of this site's direct competitor's, 247.

It's common for software that tries to be aggressive with features to have a few bugs in it (see Google's array of web services as an example). And considering the functionality in this software, that it has a couple of minor bugs in it, when graded against the curve against what's available in the market, I'd still give the software on this board an A.

The extra functionality on this board, like being able to add an '@' to notify someone of your post, may not seem like a big deal. But I can't imagine there's a large development team behind the software on this board. It's probably some third party software, maybe freely available, that's been customized either by a couple of guys on the AJC staff who work on this amongst other projects, or DawgNation contracted out a developer and they pay him by the hour or something like that...

Just think it's worth noting because I'd be surprised if someone who works on this software isn't reading this thread. And yes, I am hoping they get to fixing the couple of bugs still in the software...

@levander said:
    I do think it's worth noting that overall, I consider the software on this site very good. Maybe even top 2 or 3 in terms of software of all the boards I've seen. And definitely much better than one of this site's direct competitor's, 247.

It's common for software that tries to be aggressive with features to have a few bugs in it (see Google's array of web services as an example). And considering the functionality in this software, that it has a couple of minor bugs in it, when graded against the curve against what's available in the market, I'd still give the software on this board an A.

The extra functionality on this board, like being able to add an '@' to notify someone of your post, may not seem like a big deal. But I can't imagine there's a large development team behind the software on this board. It's probably some third party software, maybe freely available, that's been customized either by a couple of guys on the AJC staff who work on this amongst other projects, or DawgNation contracted out a developer and they pay him by the hour or something like that...

Just think it's worth noting because I'd be surprised if someone who works on this software isn't reading this thread. And yes, I am hoping they get to fixing the couple of bugs still in the software...

It's typically packaged forum software with administrative feature controls for the owners of the board. They didn't develop it from scratch.

Back in the day, BBforum and vBullentin were the two biggest packages. These days, I'm sure there are lots of options.

@moos said:

@levander said:

It's typically packaged forum software with administrative feature controls for the owners of the board. They didn't develop it from scratch.

Back in the day, BBforum and vBullentin were the two biggest packages. These days, I'm sure there are lots of options.

That's what I said, probably some third party software, maybe freely available, that's been customized either by...

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hank said:
    Got it . I finally figured out how to delete the unwanted drafts . Go to your drafts open a draft place your arrow in the upper right hand corner of a draft. There is nothing there but your arrow turns into a pointer (finger) , Click one time and poof its gone . There is something suppose to be there , Its invisible .

That is weird, but it works. Thanks @Hank !

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @Hank. Works like a charm!

@levander said:

@moos said:

@levander said:

That's what I said, probably some third party software, maybe freely available, that's been customized either by...

I was supplementing what you said. Didn't disagree with any of it.

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks @Hank, that was driving me crazy