Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia foobtall instant observations as Carson Beck shines on G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia foobtall instant observations as Carson Beck shines on G-Day

ATHENS — Georgia won on Saturday. That was always going to be the case as the team held its spring scrimmage. To be more specific the Red team beat the Black team by a score of 31-26.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Boom looked nervous.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

The different throwing mechanics of all three QBs is what stood out to me. Beck's motion is prototypical. Vandagriff is oddly over the top. Stockton is side-armed (which is why he got batted).

Another thought: the new #0 is going to hurt some MLBs when they meet in the hole. Seriously, I thought we'd never do better than Chubb/Michel/Swift. This RB room is absolutely loaded. It may be lacking a receiving back, but these guys are (in the aggregate) maybe the best ball carriers.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a very astute observation. Gunner looked really impressive except for the tips.

Beck has a prototypical NFL arm and release as you said. Beck looks like the real deal to me, a guy who can lead us perhaps to another natty. Griff is a great runner with a good arm but he is not seeing the field yet and made some poor decisions yesterday. He still is good enough to start for half of our rivals and we will probably see him at Auburn or Alabama I fear.

Regardless, we have our #1 qb now and a stellar backup or 2 that we can win with.

I agree on the running backs (Dajun is our receiving back btw). We are a little dinged up but will be fine.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amazing watching how calm BEck was compared to the sort of frazzled looks BVG and Stockton had. Stockton's main pass was just the quick side pass along the line of scrimmage, with just a couple of throws into the secondary and BVG's thing was if his 1st read wasn't open, then roll outside and throw it as hard as you can at the receiver, who was usually covered. BothStockto and BVG made a couple of nice throws but the drop off from BEck to either one was much apparent.