Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brock Vandagriff appears to have made a decision regarding his Georgia football future

SystemSystem Posts: 11,093 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Vandagriff appears to have made a decision regarding his Georgia football future

Brock Vandagriff has reportedly made a decision regarding his football future. And it seems he will be staying in Athens, with Rusty Mansell of Dawgs247 reporting that Vandagriff will stay at Georgia through at least the 2023 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If true, this is excellent news. Having just one legit backup would be too risky -- even though Gunner was pretty impressive on G-Day.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope this is true.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Am I missing something? I’ve looked back at the content and can’t find anything that suggested otherwise.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Go Dawgs!

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After spring I have heard he will graduate and I believe the NCAA allows graduate transfers more freedoms.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

But, what does Sankey and the Southeastern Conference allow? That's my question. I'm not up on all that, myself. I do know that they can be "more restrictive"...but, not "less restrictive".

If the SEC has a "1 year wait" policy, regardless of reason...that takes precedence. A waiver can be applied for, though...and, it can wind up in litigation. Much like Mayes when he transferred to Tennessee...although, under completely different circumstances.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES !!! Great News !!! I sure don’t think Gunner would leave so we will have all three through 2023 anyway !! Go Dawgs !!!

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t count BVG out of the competition just yet. Put him on the field with Bowers & the 1st string offense to start the game & we may have seen a reversal of the stats.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He seems to be a great guy. I hope he stays and I hope he gets a chance to show what he's got.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

Hopefully he comes back next year and competes with Dylan Raiola.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I noticed Harrison Bailey is back in the transfer portal. It sounds great to say you're transferring, but it doesn't always work out well. JT couldn't hold off the guy at West Virginia. The transfer portal is truly a two edge sword...

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he stays Bobo and Kirby better let him throw the darn ball when he goes in!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget about my man, Gunner Stockton. He's quietly stalking the QB position as well. Lol

If he wound up the "last man standing" at the end of 2023...it wouldn't shock me. You never know. The cream always rises...but, since all three of those boys are cream...I guess it don't much matter. I'm pulling for all of em.

Opportunity will favor the most prepared. That SHOULD be Beck.

But, Luck favors no man. She's a fickle lady. Lol...she might favor BVG or Gunner.

Obviously I'm talking about the injury bug. I didn't want to jinx anything by attaching THAT word to a sentence with their names in it. Lol

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a foolish statement by him, however:

“Like I said earlier, it’s a good, healthy competition between us two. We want to see each other do well.”

It's really about the THREE of you. There is a small percentage that Stockton will start this year, but keep in mind - he's no True Freshman. In many programs, he'd be the defacto Starting QB.

I'm not going to state that I think Stockton has surpassed Vandagriff, but he's coming close... enough to acknowledge him. If he's not pushing himself to be the best, he might find that Stockton has the starting job next year.