Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers from the 2023 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 11,088 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers from the 2023 NFL Draft

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Fans"? Why the quote marks? I'm definitely a falcon fair weather fan, though the "fair weather" ( "ironic" quote marks) has been pretty scarce over the years. That said, I know plenty of Atlanta area residents who followed the falcons but are now pretty staunch Bulleagle fans.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

The RB from Texas the Falcons selected will be done in 3 to 5 years. Max

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOSER.....The Atlanta Falcons.....Like your backyard is the Permian Basin and you insist on driving golf carts, apparently Arthur Blank's business genius does not translate to Professional Football.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are being way too kind to the imbecilic Falcons. They are owned by a moron who cares more about being woke than winning a Superbowl. Dawg fans would go to Falcon games if they had a strategy that would include some players from the University of Georgia.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've got to get me one a shirt with something like that on it. I wonder if it's even possible to get officially licensed gear from a mashup of NCAA and NFL.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BigFanBigFan Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Probably. And that's fine. Just long enough to complete his rookie contract. As one NFL GM has said many times: "with RBs, it's not the first contract that gets you, it's the second." No one drafts a RB expecting them to last much longer than the average (3 years). Get Bijan's best, while on rookie money, and move on.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carter was taken in the first round, but I would argue that he DID slide a little bit. By many accounts (not just Mel Kiper's) he was considered the best overall player in the draft before all of his legal issues came to light. Had it not been for that, there was a STRONG possibility that he would have been taken number one overall, but certainly would have been in the top 3. Being selected 9th, and going to the Eagles, is still great. But his issues scared away some teams. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, though, so I still won't cheer for the Eagles as a team, but I'm certainly rooting for all the Dawgs there to do well.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent article.

I'd say all of DawgNation won the NFL draft, beginning with Kirby.

Also, on the fence recruits won because they have even more reasons to pick Athens, Kirby, and the Dawgs. Millions of reasons.

Go, Dawgs!

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Falcons will always be losers. Blank was a visionary in business, but a not as a NFL owner. It's a joke how many times the Falcons pass on UGA players, and then the Super bowl is full of UGA players. From the bottom of my heart, I wish they would leave Georgia and go somewhere else. Maybe we could get a decent franchise. They are snakebit.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Conner - You think Stetson will definitely be the Rams’ backup QB. While that’s what Dawg fans hope will be the case, imo it’s not a certainty. You may have inside information. If so, would you mind explaining how you know, or at least appear to know, that Stetson is definitely going to be the backup QB for the Rams. I assume your explanation involves more than “ he was a fourth found draft pick, etc. Jake Fromm Eva’s a fifth round draft pick and wasn’t the backup his first year if I remember correctly. Thanks for any inside info you might have and are willing to share.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry for the typo. Meant to say Jake was a fifth round….

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I grew up in the suburbs of DC. I remember the old days. Sonny Jurgensen perfecting the jump pass because his line gave him so little time to drop back, Vince Lombardi's one season, George Allen and the Over-the-hill gang. Good times. Then Joe Gibbs' years, all those Superbowls... sweet.