Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

With transfer portal closed, here is where things stand with Georgia football 2023 roster

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageWith transfer portal closed, here is where things stand with Georgia football 2023 roster

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bskelley88bskelley88 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Connor, for God’s sake, proofread your articles BEFORE you post them. There’s a typo in the second paragraph, Perry unprofessional that you literally have a typo in every article you put out.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why do people feel like they need to be the proofreading police. It get's so tiresome. Is it arrogance, just wanting to be someone special? Are they not smart enough to figure it out. So irritating.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You know the old adage. “You get what you pay for”. As someone who used to get paid to review documents, I know that even the most polished of writers can have an oops.

Sure, software can find some of the errors, but when you proof your own stuff, you can easily read what you “thought” you wrote, not the actual text.

i have critiqued several articles. But have began to show grace a little more—but will not promise to stop if it just crazy bad.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DOM....Please come HOME!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He could. But why would he? He initially entered the TP to find a place where he would play more. He could contribute, like he did last year. But he would not be featured at UGA.

This article states that UGA is still 2 over the 85 scholarship limit. UGA seems to have moved on with the additions it's made.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the NIL world we live in, scholarships are a moot number as each of these young men could “sign a deal” to take care of any and all expenses incurred.

I didn’t know if Dom’s situation was like Mims last year and he was just looking at options. He’s a sure handed guy with experience and having torn both ACL’s myself I can testify that you aren’t yourself athletically for about 2 years. Unless you are the genetic anomaly known as Adrian Petersen.

Personally I’d love to see the Georgia kid finish at UGA.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty amazing that only five Dawgs entered the spring portal. Considering the rigors of the UGA system and the fact that another 20 or so good players are three or even four deep on the depth chart, those who remain must really love the G ... and winning!

The only guys who really hurt were AD and Bear. Seems like AD had good personal reasons, plus we're really stocked at WR. Bear may have made less rational choice, and his departure definitely gives us less upside on the DL.

I'm also bummed that Blaylock hasn't found a home yet. Always liked that young man and am still holding out hope that he gets back more of his zing.

And D'Andre Swift in Philly? That's just a feel good story. Hope he does RBU proud in his hometown. Go Eagles -- woof, woof!

• Options
    CapeCawdDogCapeCawdDog Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Players who were in the portal can still find new homes but no player can no enter the transfer portal and still be eligble to play next season."

Question, not policing, I swear! 🙂 So a player in the portal as of 4.30.23, like Blaylock, is eligible to play for a new school this fall? But anyone entering portal after 4.30.23 (and before the the fall window?) cannot play until the 2024 season? If that latter is true, why would someone not wait to enter the portal until the fall window?

Need an advanced degree to figure some of this stuff out ~ Help appreciated!

• Options
    BogartDawgBogartDawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

@CandlerPark I don’t know why news outlets aren’t reporting this, but Bear didn’t exactly “make the choice” to leave. He had been displaying a consistent attitude problem and when a team leader (supposedly SVP) confronted him they came to blows. His attitude didn’t improve after that, so it’s understandable if he was kinda asked to leave

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2023

I wish Blaylock had stayed.

I loved watching and rooting for that kid.

He has reliable hands, a big heart, and very shifty and a very underrated route runner. Injuries really took a toll on him, unfortunately.

Still rooting for him!