Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dominick Blaylock deserved a better football career. Here’s hoping he finds it at Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageDominick Blaylock deserved a better football career. Here’s hoping he finds it at Georgia Tech

Dominick Blaylock’s time at Georgia has come to an end. He’ll graduate from Georgia on Friday and then finish up his career at Georgia Tech.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Connor. Great story.

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll be rooting for him.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's a dgd. Shame he has to finish up at Tech, but I wish him well (except for that one game).

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll definitely be rooting for him, except when the Bees play the Dawgs. 😇

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Glad to see Mr. Blaylock will earn his degree, and graduate from UGA. Wish this young man nothing but the best going forward. He's had a rough time at UGA finding playing time, due to injuries. Best of luck Dominick..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate that Dom couldn't fulfill his potential at Georgia, he proved to be a DGD over and over and still it wasn't enough to escape all the injuries he suffered through as a dawg. As much as I dislike Tech, I think he will get lots of opportunites to shine there, and I for one will be watching my first Tech games when they are not playing Georgia. I want to cheer him on and hope for the best for him. He deserves every bit of success! Go Dom, and GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll be pulling for Blaylock. I admire he stayed all 4 years and got his UGA degree. Hopefully he'll have a breakout season and maybe get drafted.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really enjoyed your article Connor, thank you!

• Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck Dom. I'll be rooting for you!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish nothing but the best for Dom. Hope he has 10 catches each game but 1. He was an awesome man, player, and teammate and definitely gave his all for the G. Good luck DOM - you will always be a DGD and you have the degree to prove it.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Lovette and Thomas opted in to the UGA WR room, I sensed Dom's time at Georgia was up. GA Tech is getting a potentially very productive receiver...if he stays injury free. I do wish him the very optimum at Tech..yes...even when he plays UGA. I doubt it will impact the outcome.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, (and I know that you meant this 😁) I will root for him EVEN IN THAT GAME as long as we win!!

I hope that he has a fantastic two years at Tech and that he is able to position himself to enter the NFL if that is his goal!

He gave everything for UGA and I am proud to call him a DGD!!

Great article, Connor!!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice job, Connor. He deserves our support when he is not lined up on the other side of the red and black.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor, 99% of UGA fans wish nothing but the best for Blaylock - so spare us your smug, sermon-like comments, as you are but preaching to the choir. Perhaps you should give your readers more credit where decency is concerned.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think I speak for 99 percent of the fan base when I say we wish the best for Dom.

Not sure who the writer thinks the fan base is but we root for our players even when they transfer. Even to Tech. Like most of us who live here in the state we have friends and co-workers from both institutions.

So good luck Dom and go have a 1000 yard season at Tech.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best of luck Dom! He gave everything he could to the Dawgs and will forever be a Dawg with that degree. I hope he remains injury free and can live up to his full potential.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Luck Dom. Go ball out, always a DGD. Go Dawgs

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgOn and @BigDawg888

Come on guys. Scroll back just a little bit and you will see tons of people trashing Bear Alexander for transferring to USC.

Go back a bit further and a lot of the same was aimed at AD Mitchell for going to Texas, though not quite as bad. But it was "curious" that a lot of the people who had issues with Mitchell leaving didn't have the same with Thomas and Lovett transferring in.

Cade Mays? Brenton Cox? Worse than with Bear Alexander even though Cox had actually been kicked off the team.

And - of course - there were the massive meltdowns with Jermaine Burton and Justin Fields left. The Fields trashing went on for years. From predicting that he wouldn't even win the starting job at Ohio State to claiming that he was only successful at Ohio State due to their running a "simpler offense" than the "complex pro style" stuff of Jake Fromm handing it off 40 times a game to Chubb/Michel/Swift to taking pleasure in his Ohio State teams losing in the playoffs. The chatter mostly stopped when he became a 1st round pick after all, but every now and then you still see people in the comments making the absolutely ridiculous claim that he should have sat behind Fromm instead of getting his $19 million in guaranteed money as fast as possible. Burton? Just as bad. Ripped as selfish, lazy etc. all offseason for leaving, then the fans spent the entire year mocking him for finishing the year with fewer catches and yards than Ladd McConkey.

No rhyme or reason either. With Bear Alexander and Jermaine Burton the justification was "they were in the starting lineup so what more did they want!" ... but Fields and Mitchell were backups. Fields could have spent 3 years on the bench had Fromm chosen to exhaust his eligibility and Mitchell would have had to fight a bunch of guys for playing time. And Cox wasn't even on the team! Yes, he could have rejoined with a bit of effort, but still. With Mays, Cox and Burton it was "they transferred to our hated rivals!" Sure ... but Alexander, Fields and Mitchell split to teams that UGA never play.

So yeah, it was fair to assume that the same people who trashed Burton and Mitchell - also WRs - for leaving would go after Blaylock for running to the in state rival. @Kconnorriley just decided to get in ahead of the peanut gallery. As it is impossible to know in advance which transfer UGA fans are going to send best wishes to and which they are going to claim are soft, lazy and selfish prima donnas, @Kconnorriley made the right decision.