Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Three-peat questions show how Georgia football’s perception has changed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,516 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageThree-peat questions show how Georgia football’s perception has changed

This time last year, there wasn’t much chatter about the possibility of Georgia winning another national championship. Part of that can be chalked up to the fact that the Bulldogs had to replace so many key members of the 2021 team. The Bulldogs had a record 15 players taken in the 2022 NFL Draft after all.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yup. We wandered in the wilderness for 41 years. Some few times the Dawgs were close. How many times did Auburn stand in the way? Or Flurduh, 10urC, or worse, Spurrier cropping up at SC. Or the last 10 years, Saban. Worse in some ways were the years when the Dawgs were just not so great.

Even after 2021-22, I suffered all season fearing that it would be a one-off and fearing another 41 years (which I might not survive...). Then, Kirby Smart wrought the miracle twofer. If anybody can slog through to a third, it's this guy. I sincerely believe he's not blowing smoke when he sez he's not thinking that way. We shall see.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do any college football teams care about Megan and Harry?

Do anyone other than the media care about Megan and Harry? Or any of the dumb british monarchy?

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only reason the Dawg nation would have for any feelz about the royals was that Harry's old man, now King Chuck, visited the stadium the day the KY Catz hammered the Dawgs 33-0. Sad day all around.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at the game when he came by with his security team. I asked my buddy "who is that" He told me the future King of England" He walked about 10 yards past us. I told my buddy, "He probably doesn't even understand the game, he needs to go back to his soccer matches"

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now, we're the Big Dawg that stands in the way of the other guys.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...I like the way you think. And, you're right. I was on one of the teams that played em in the late '70's. They seemed unbeatable. Buck Belue was their QB and, he was VERY good. In fact, the Wildcats provided UGA with at least 2 of the 3 QB used in the '78-'84 window, if I'm not mistaken...Belue, Lassiter and another guy I can't remember.

If you wanted to go back a little further and include Moultrie, Ga.,...you could add Ray Goff. A lot of good QBs came from South Ga., during that period. Ga TECH had Gary and Randy Lanier, from Savannah, Ga.. Clemson had Billy Lott, from Jesup, Ga.. There's probably some others, i'm forgetting. Lol

Oh yeah...we lost. Bad. And, they WERE in our head.. Just like, the Dawgs ARE already in everybody's head. Bama WAS in everybody's head, until they were publicly disassembled by UGA and others over a 2 year period...despite having, "The Best QB in College Football"..."The Best Defender in College Football"...&..."The Best Coach in College Football". Lmao..."hype"...SMH....means nothin'.

Anyway...about Valdosta...I don't remember, if the famous, Wright Bazemore was still there....but, word around the league, was.....

He built his High School Program from the ground---> up, using the Lowndes County Rec League. He taught their coaches, His Offense and Defense...so, that incoming Freshmen were already versed in the basics of His playbook. Smart man...and the guy that took over for him, was pretty doggone good, as well. Lol

Kirby, probably has one eye on the type of offense or defense a prospective player's team runs out of, when recruiting a player. It would give him an idea, of how long, a recruits development may take. Just one more helpful variable, in roster management.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it is an interesting point that Bama had the best offensive and defensive player and the GOAT at coach yet still lost 2 games. They could of lost 4.

The assistant coaches at Bama have not panned out and I just don't know if Saban has the energy level to be an on field coach like he used to be. He is more Don James, coach from the tower guy now.

Will Bama win again. Yes. This class they brought in is outstanding so they will win 1 with these guys in a couple years.

When you look at Bama's championship teams since Saban arrived the first 4 were all about defense and a decent qb. Who was the dc during those first 4? The last 2 were mostly about a dynamic offense with great qb play and great wrs. However, 1 was in the pandemic year and 1 took OT to beat us with a lot of help from the refs and Sony getting injured.

I think for both schools the 1 consistent thing is Kirby Smart. He was pivotal for 3 of Bama's championships at least and the 2 here. In those 5 championships what was the difference? Defense. He knows how to put together the best defense. He can do it better than anyone else in college football right now.

We should win another in the next 3 years. It might be this year or next or the year after but we will definitely win another soon.