Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What the national media is saying about Georgia football after Bulldogs land Dylan Raiola

SystemSystem Posts: 10,447 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat the national media is saying about Georgia football after Bulldogs land Dylan Raiola

Even for a program like Georgia, with back-to-back national championships, landing a player of Dylan Raiola’s caliber sent a jolt through the college football landscape.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That Jeremiah Smith tweet is remarkable -- he's as good as saying, "I want to switch to Georgia now."

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those clips of Raiola are remarkable, too. He really does do Mahomes-like stuff out there, except maybe stronger.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am on the side of caution....he has not signed on yet. Look at the other 5-stars...how many stayed and how many left? Hopefully, Raiola is truly committed. If he brings others on board and he leaves...will they stay? Must be UGA committed, not Raiola committed. I know things are different from back then...but are they? Raiola is definitely elite. His films are really good. I hope he stays and signs on. Time will tell. UGA has three other very good veteran QBs vying for #1. I have learned to be a realist. "Uncle" Mike Bobo will be instrumental in keeping him at UGA.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are correct about “time will tell”. Eason and Fields found out the hard way, Vandergriff and Stockton are doing it their way. And then there is Pugisli. Raoli either will meet expectations or not. He spoke highly about the academics, hopefully he will graduate in 3 years and be awesome. .

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As for as the QB room as a whole. WOWZERS. Beck shines in 23, vandergriff 24, Stockton 25, raoli 26, puglisi -redshirt 27. And if something happens, just move up the time line and it’s “next man up”. Laying in dates. The Stockton/Raoli competition for 25 could be interesting.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Not sure what you mean by "signed on," but if you're worried about him decommitting, I wouldn't. He's already done that once, and I'd go as far as to say there's no chance he would decommit from whichever team he decided on after Ohio State.

Does the portal await? Nowadays you never know. But I doubt it would happen in less than two years, and who knows what other developments could occur by then. Not worth worrying about. And that goes for any other commits Georgia gets in the wake of this one, as well. No telling how many of those guys will actually stick around even if Raiola finishes his college career here.

This is a moment to be enjoyed. Let's not get bogged down in deflating hypotheticals.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'll consider him "landed" once he shows up to his first practice. However, I do think he will honor his commitment to UGA. The landscape of committing has drastically changed with NIL in play. From now until Raiola signs his letter of intent, big NIL offers will be used to try and draw him out of Athens.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t see him blinded by NIL money . He has been around plenty of successful people as well as Mathew Stanford . He has a mission and the path looks clear . Successful college career and on to the NFL.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy about Raiola but that is 2-3 years away imo so ....

Actually way more excited about the next 2 years with Beck and Griff (if Beck goes to the NFL). I think both of those guys are 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft.

Can they get it done when it counts the most? Stetson winning 4 mvps will never be matched imo. Very pumped about Beck and him slinging it this year. I'm predicting he breaks the single season record for yards, tds, etc. Beck will win the Heisman if he can lead us to victory at UTenn and in the SECCG. Should be a fun year.

Griff in 24 should be equally fun and interesting since we have the new schedule. Lots of challenges with that but we will be loaded for Bear in 24. 24 might be our best team ever and we will need it with the new playoff. Griff leads us to victory with Raiola in the wings.