Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Massive OT prospect Marcus Harrison commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Massive OT prospect Marcus Harrison commits to Georgia football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star OT Marcus Harrison. He ranks as the nation’s No. 48 offensive tackle and the No. 606 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the "G", welcome to elite! Welcome to the back-to-back National Champs. You have made a good choice that you will never regret. Go Dawgz sic'em.😎

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wowzers! Man O Man that is one BIG dude!

Welcome to the G! You are going to love it here.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great !!! Welcome to Dawg Nation young man !! Hope you and your fellow Dawgs commits have a Great career at UGA and beyond !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Glad to have you young man! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the back-to-back national champions are accepting commitments from 3-stars in May, that means they are quite giddy in their evaluations....upon thinking about this a few facts came forth that reveal the true genius of coach Stacy Searels....a good coach can and will teach skills and technique and a good offensive lineman will learn and develop....BUT, if that O-Lineman doesn't process the physical and mental attributes to go along with the teaching, he will only be a good O-Lineman. The young Mr. Harrison, as a rising senior, processes the attributes is an under statement like saying the Titanic was a boat! I suspect Marcus is still growing and that should scare the beegezzus out of future opposition lineman....I put a tape measure on my breakfast bar that seats six.....84 inches is 7 feet.....Marcus has the wing span to keep my entire breakfast crew out of my kitchen backfield! Welcome young man, I'm expecting great things given your natural attributes and the GREAT DAWG couching you will receive!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2023

Seems like Stacy Searels only gets three stars - or at least a disproportionate share. I've been holding off saying anything, but something is amiss. I disagree with the article, I see cause for concern. I remember when Searels was here before with Mark Richt, and this was a problem then. Lots of three star O lineman. Maybe he's really a 4 star - but there is reason to question. If you look at Alabama's class last year, nothing below 5.8 4 star, and they landed 4 or 5 of them.

• Options
    NY3TSCNY3TSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

So happy that western N.Y. player will be repping the G.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

I agree. While this kid is underrated, he does have the size UGA covets. Based on his feet looks like a future OG. What concerns me is that there are quite a few (Calhoun, Poe, Pierre-Louis, Flynn, Carter, Daniels, etc) very highly ranked prospects that should want to be part of this class.

Possibly UGA will be taking more OL than people think? Are there extra slots in this class due to the '22 midyear's and how class size numbers are counted?

The recent success that UGA has achieved, more so than at any time in UGA history, was built on the foundation of elite ( 9(!) sacks in '22) OL play. Similar OL recruiting results (Mims, BJones, Salyer, etc etc) will be needed to continue the recent level of success.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I too, am concerned about settling for a 3* OL this early in the recruiting process. As another poster presented - this is something that coach Searels is known for - when he was with Richt, he did the same thing and the results were not great. As Kirby has always said, getting elite talent is very important, so I am unsure why Georgia with back to back nattys and a great future ahead is looking at players that are going to have to work harder and require additional coaching just to get to the level that an elite OL would already be at. Georgia has arrived to the point where the coaches should be picking and choosing from the best of the best. I could very well be wrong here, and Kirby and staff have found some real diamonds in the rough before, but again, Searels seems to do this and has had mixed results.

• Options
    JoseDawgJoseDawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

DoubleEdged Sword…CKS and staff have uncovered quite a few diamonds-in-the-rough and developed them into All SEC/All American/NFL Draftees and had as many more 4/5 star prospects not come close to their hype.

At this point, I’m gonna trust the process that has gotten to the top of the mountain…Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In Kirby I trust.

In this case, I really mean I trust Kirby & Company. It's rather interesting that some fans don't seem to.

I've mentioned before that Kirby is better at evaluating talent than the services which dole out the stars.

This fellow looks like a very fine future DGD to me.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GUy is huge but watching his tape I can't honestly say I was overly impressed. It's OK to get 4 and 5 stars I mean we are the back to back National Champs! Maybe this is just for depth, I don't know. Searls is the anti-Hartley.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby has certainly earned the trust factor, and he's found plenty of 3 star, heck, even 2 stars that were diamonds in the rough. Stetson, McConkey. But, I just remember coach Kirby and Saban laughing at Georgia, because they couldn't play man ball and run it between the tackles when needed in that sec championship game, 2012. It's easy to take your eye off the goal when you have so much going on. If I'm Kirby, I play close attention to that area of the recruiting process.

• Options
    stacey20stacey20 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Stay positive. He is coming to Georgia for the practice squad or 1 year transfer portal. In the SEC. You have to recruit elite talent . You can't be complacent like Clemson. The offensive line coach is average . Kirby needs to stay hungry and humble. Don't settle!!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

After watching his video, I have to say some road construction business owner should hire this guy and use him as a road grader, the way he clears running lanes. Don't worry about the stars, for Kirby & Company are quite adept at turning three stars into first round draft choices. The only thing this will hurt is the average per player ranking for each team when all is graded out. For the chance at getting another Jordan Davis, that is a SMALL price to pay.