Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint arrested on reckless driving and speeding charges

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint arrested on reckless driving and speeding charges

ATHENS — Georgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint has been arrested on charges of reckless driving and speeding.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like all that NIL money is causing more problems. Time to suggest the guys buy low power weak 4 cylinder cars until they mature a little. Heck if I had one of those chargers or what ever I would still stomp on it occasionally and I am 67.

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

plus you have to factor in a county DA that lets drugs run rampant in Clarke County and seems more intent on catching football players than enforcing the law in general. Yes the football players should pay the price but so should the many crimes that are not being enforced.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Happens a lot in Clarke County. UGA players have had an extra target on their back for years. May as well do the time if you've done the crime. Only way to help this problem is start requiring driver safety classes and actual certification from these classes. These are no longer "kids". When you're handed fast toys to drive and are supposed to drive with sense, that goes out the window the 1st time you feel the speed. The 1st time I flew on an airplane, I was sweating bullets. As soon as I felt the airplane surge and take off, all fear went away. Now I love flying on planes when I can. Same goes for driving fast, there's a thrill to it. But sad to say that losing a teammate, to extreme driving, hasn't really set home with these players. I just hope it does soon.

• Options
    CMacDAWGCMacDAWG Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

YAWN!!! These guys are just normal human beings. They are no different than a lot of the idiots I see driving around Atlanta everyday. Age doesn’t matter.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

The message is not getting through. Toothless discipline apparently the norm now. "We discipline them", CKS. Rings completely hollow. Time to kick somebody off the team.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seriously. How **** can you be.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everything’s under control. Nothing to see here. Right.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

IMO...These high speed arrests are an indicator of a larger issue. Apparently, not just ballplayers, but, kids (age 16-20/25) of all persuasions and walks of life are engaging in this activity. If it's not stopped by the Police in that area...we're gonna hear about a family-of-four getting killed...or, worse.

Will that stop it? We've already established that kids are brain-dead and, require supervision. It's up to the "adults in the room" to put a stop to it...on public highways, at least. Maybe have organized street races, to give em a chance to "open it up" without putting others in extreme danger.

Regarding this specific case...you all know how I feel about judgement without facts and rebuttal. That being said...you have to question Jack-Saints overall intelligence, considering what his team has been through over the last 6 months. You have to assume the "max speeding charge" is not debatable...either he was or he wasn't. In this case, I believe the Police. Recent history is on their side.

I DO wonder, though....Are "Football Players" the only student-athletes engaging in high-speed traffic violations (racing)? If that's the case...what the hell is going on in that locker room? And...is it just UGA's student-athletes, or are other communities dealing with it?

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Athens. We have a problem!”

You would think a couple of dead friends woul be enough & that a group of upperclassmen would step in, show some leadership & stop this immature, selfish behavior. However, considering they are part of the problem, it may be time to change tactics. Bring in a couple of Drill Sergeants & let them implement a little boot camp justice. Have Marcus sit and watch the team do up-downs until they puke. After that, he can run the steps at Sanford until he can’t feel or move his legs. If that does not work then start suspending & kicking people of the team. Forget any additional championships, if these guys do not grow up, more people are eventually going to end up injured or dead. Wake up guys!!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2023

Wow. Comment section needs to be shut down again. @MikeGriffith Someone will always take it too far.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He was arrested for speeding? Are you kidding? The Athens PD hasn't changed in 60 years.

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

When you're that young you don't think about dying. Even after the horrific crash that killed Willock and LeCroy, someone still isn't getting the message. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I didn't do the same thing when I was younger.... BUT.... We knew not to do it in an area saturated with police or in residential areas... The players ought to know they're high profile; when they go out in public people know them.... So do the police... There is no hiding... As Junior Brown crooned in the song "Highway Patrol" - "If you wanna race then get on a race track..." Come on guys let's use a little commonsense going forward...

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA needs to build a **** and race track so they aren't on the street. Send them to driving experience at Atlanta Speedway. This is what happens when NIL money happens 20 year old kids and buying a car with 750 hp a formula for diaster. To REALLY get their attention take away their scholarship and let them pay for their classes, food, housing and all the other perks that they are getting. GET OFF THE STREET before someone else gets really hurt or killed. Wake Up DAWGS.