Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jacksonville Jaguars share first renderings of possible new look stadium

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageJacksonville Jaguars share first renderings of possible new look stadium

As it stands right now, Georgia is set to continue playing Florida on an annual basis in Jacksonville, Fla., through the 2025 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where would you park? Sure looks like there aren't many areas for tailgating.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks pretty cool. While they are designing it, can they put a recruiting lounge in there somewhere so the home team can actually host recruits at the game? That would ameliorate one of Kirby's big concerns about not being able to use the GA-FL game for recruiting.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m not familiar with the hotels and lodging. If they expect to have more than just the Jags, the city must invest in a way to get people in and out of there along with providing lots of options for staying more than one night

as for GA/FL. Home/Home should be the answer, But what about an Athens, Gville, ATL, Jax rotation.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's hard to put any kind of a damper on the results of our outing in SoFi Stadium, but I suspect that many in attendance hope the redesigned Jacksonville Stadium does NOT have the potential sidewinder rain that SoFI presented.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way it looks to MACDAWG, Tailgating will become a fond memory when this new fancy schmancy stadium is built....ask anyone about tailgating at SoFi if you want a foretaste of the coming attraction.....I see the demise of Tailgating/World Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party if we don't go to home & home in 25. I'd much rather raise....I mean Tailgate in Athens or Gainesville!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

No thanks! We need to go home and home. THWJax.

• Options
    swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still gonna be a dump.

Just a shinier one.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** as Homemade Soap!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

U G L Y as Homemade Soap! (Politically Correct version) LOL!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Been going to the GA/FLA game since 1975 and have mixed emotions. During the Dooly years and others when we were kicking their tail it was all good. Then the Spurrier years and it wasn't fun. Now it's pretty golden as I live in North Florida and worked in Jacksonville till 2021. But I think I would rather see home and home. Been to the swamp several times it's a dump. Good parking, terrible walkways & tunnels are small and over crowded and concessions is pitiful. Either way I'm there.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry, but what’s in it for UGA? When CKS says it makes the team better and his job easier I’ll be all for it. Traditions are great but football is a changing anyway.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone is still putting a snow job on Georgia. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As someone commented earlier.. These renovations are like putting lipstick on a pig. Makes it look a little better, but it's still a pig.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess they forgot to show the jacked up hotel rate$ and the $100 parking signs. It is the UGA fan base that ends up paying. I'd rather move the game and keep the money in Athens and support the local businesses that support the university year round.