Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL superstars embrace Los Angeles Rams QB Stetson Bennett, underdog no more

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageNFL superstars embrace Los Angeles Rams QB Stetson Bennett, underdog no more

ATHENS — Stetson Bennett appears on his way to big things in the NFL with the Los Angeles Rams after some reportedly strong opening practices and interaction with veteran players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll be so proud of and for Stets if he can be a success in the NFL. And I honestly think he can be. He’s allot better QB than many outside the UGA fanbase realize. And given the opportunity I think he’s gonna Show that in a big way. The back home crowd is pulling for you Stets. Go in there and Show Em what an ole small town South Ga. Boy can do !! You got this !!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...even if he doesn't "make it" in the NFL...Bennett will NEVER have to buy another meal or drink in the State of Georgia.

The more Dawgs, Kirby puts in the NFL...the greater his recruiting success. It's like wipin' your butt with a wagon wheel. Lol...it won't end till Kirby leaves...maybe. The UGA paradigm may have been forever reshaped, under Richt and Smart. Richt got em to the top of the hill...Kirby put em over the top.

It took a looonnngggg time to undo the damage Ray Goff did to the Program...but, in fairness, Dooley was AD, and right there with him. So, maybe it was a lot Goff's fault...and, a little bit Dooley's fault, too. Anyway...they're out of that hole, now...and, i don't see any danger of em falling back in.. That's what counts.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ha! So true. I’ve completely shaken up my NFL teams that I’ll be watching this year. If you’d have told me 20 years ago I’d be watching the Eagles, Rams, and Steelers on a regular basis, and actually rooting for them, I’d have told you that you were nuts 🤣🤣🤣. The times they are indeed a changin’ 👍

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To be fair, Goff is a good guy, just not so much a head coach. And, it you look at the Dawgs from 1985 to 1988, they had some issues.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hear you. I still have trouble loving Philly and LA for the cities (never been to Pittsburgh). I agree with you also about Atlanta. I've lived in ATL for most of the last 50+ years and love it less and less as days go by.

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 244 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can see Stetson starting sooner than later - Stafford will certainly miss a couple of starts this year during the season due to various ailments, and wow, isn't it cool that it will be a fellow Bulldog to take over for him while he is out - this could not have been scripted better! I wonder if this has ever happened before??

I agree 100%. I like Ray. I met him when I was a kid and he played for Moultrie. They were playing Glynn Academy in the AAA Regional Championship in Moultrie. My Dad introduced me. Lol...needless to say...he was my hero when he played at UGA.

I don't mean any disrespect. Ray even jokes about the damage done while he was there and his future coaching prospects. Lol...he'll tell you...he's farmer, plain and simple. And, a good one.

edited June 2023

Everybody I've talked to, that like you, were longtime residents of Atlanta, have told me the same thing. We were coming back from Knoxville a little while back, on I75. Stopped twice, for gas and Cracker Barrell. There were bars on EVERY window...2 inch plexiglass between the counter and customers...with a little window to slip your money through.

Fort Knox should be so secure. Lol...a little gas station had greater security than ANY bank, I've ever been in. I'm not used to seeing that.

I asked if they were having that much trouble up there and an elderly lady told me, it was really bad. She mentioned "the change", that you referred to, with fear and wariness in her eyes.

It looked like we were driving through a 3rd world Country with citizens on-guard. The only cops we saw, were writing "speeding tickets". It was sad to see...and one of the reasons, I have a hard time, getting in a twist over UGA Players' traffic violations.

The ATL is a ticking time bomb. It's like the long-time citizens there....are akin to so-many frogs sitting in a pot of water on the stove...slowly cooking and not realizing it.

I'm thinking the same thing. With Bennett as his backup...he won't be as reluctant to sit out a game here and there. 17 games is a looonnnngggg football season. Then throw in the playoffs...and, that's a LOT of physical wear-and-tear on a 34-35 year old. I don't care who ya are.

Lol...there's a reason, the military has a cutoff age of 32 years old. Or, it used to be 32 YOA. They may have raised the age cap to 42 YOA in order to "meet quota" after some of the political moves I've seen happening in and around Military Bases.

Let me end with a ....."Go Dawgs" skit'em. Lol