Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia reportedly to visit Alabama as part of 2024 SEC schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia reportedly to visit Alabama as part of 2024 SEC schedule

Georgia and Alabama have played some epic games over the years. And it appears the two sides will meet again in 2024, with Charlie Potter of BamaOnline reporting the Crimson Tide will host Georgia as a part of the 2024 SEC slate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well looks like 2024's schedule is making up for 2023's! Why don't we go ahead and add in Florida, LSU & Tenn while we're at it.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

Even if we lose 1 game every year beginning 2024 and forward, we will probably still get in the new 12 team CFP tournament. UGA will be in those playoffs every year.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bring it on!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    NFLDAWG7NFLDAWG7 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

My guess at SEC schedule. Home games will be Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Auburn. Host team in Jacksonville vs. Florida. Road games at Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina and Texas

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree! Bama should be coming to Athens. That’s the fair thing to do. Remember, Dawgs also got screwed having to play at Auburn 2 years straight. If there is anything UGA can do to make Bama come to Athens, I’d do so. They owe us.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

WoW! that is a scary schedule! I know the 2023 schedule is a bit of a cake walk, but dang! 2024 would have to be the toughest schedule in the country since we also have Florida, Auburn and Clemson. Remember, Auburn is going to be pretty decent in a year of so with Hugh Freeze there.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the 3/6 schedule starts in '25 it means that, in addition to FU, AU and KY, UGA will play AL or LSU, TX or OK, TN or aTm, AR or MZ, SC or Vandy, MS or MS St, .....every year.

Only losing 1 game/season seems pretty ambitious. Makes me wonder if CKS will adjust his recruiting to 1) having more 4 and 5 year players vs 3 and out guys. There won't be the break in games for young players, in the future, that UGA has in a soft schedule like '23. Gonna need more players ready to roll Day 1 of the season. More TP players vs freshmen recruits? 2) does this alter the make up of the team? More trench guys and RB's that take more punishment during a long season vs extra (excess?) WR's?

Even w/a 12 team playoff, the SEC schedule seems like very difficult gauntlet to run compared to BIG10, PAC12, BIG12 and ACC.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once again UGA is shafted by the SEC cronies in Birmingham AL

Yet another year of a well below value home game schedule...outside Auburn no big game in Sanford at Dooley Field...the rest are away...what a joke

Folks...its beyond time to get the GA FL game home game out of JAX...its just that simple...their is zero tradition left in college football...Kirby demand this game is moved to Athens every other year and let FL play their home game in JAX.

Josh Brooks from a scheduling point has failed as a thletic director so far...

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

N-Clemson, MTSU,@South Carolina, Auburn,@Texas,Bye,N-Florida,Kentucky,Tennessee,Vanderbilt,@Alabama,GT

That looks like 1-2 losses even if we play great. We might miss the SECG and still make it in the playoff.

Should be fun. Need to load up on DL and OL since we will be young that year on the line of scrimmage.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want that game in Tuscaloosa!

I want to beat them at their best and rightfully shut down the excuses of all Bammers.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    crazygto715crazygto715 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

why would they not have us play tamu as scheduled for 12 years... ? makes zero sense

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I think the Jax game is over after this 2 year extension (last money grab by Brooks) . It better be.

With the expansion of the SEC (mostly west) does that now move the SECCG from ATL to Dallas or NO or Tampa or some other more centrally located destination?