Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Michigan reportedly makes a loud statement about Georgia football’s place in college football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageMichigan reportedly makes a loud statement about Georgia football’s place in college football

Michigan is not set to play Georgia during the 2023 college football season. The two teams last met in the 2021 Orange Bowl, a game Georgia won handily over Jim Harbaugh and company.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2023

I can close my eyes and still see Travon Walker hit that pulling Center for Michigan. Wow, just Wow. Hard to mention Michigan without thinking of that hit. Supposedly, the number one offensive line.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can also picture Mr. Heisman finalist getting thrown around by our offensive line, especially the play by salyer.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When they're talking about wanting to beat us, you know you're doing something right. Just keep taking care of your business, Dawgs! Nothing else matters! Let's go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, can't really blame them for their new mantra... after all, to be the best, you have to beat the best. Of course I can also say good luck with that, as I don't see Michigan beating Georgia anytime soon. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey Wolverines, check the game history between the two teams... You'll find Red & Black 2, Maize and Blue 1... The fact is that a bad fart from the Dawgs is much better than your best day on the field... You got your tails whipped by a TCU team that was out of the game by the end of the 1st Quarter against the Dawgs... Recently, your claim to fame is back to back wins against OSU... Check their series with the Dawgs and you'll see Red & Black 2, Grey and Scarlet 0... The fact is that you're not ready to take on the big boys a la Dawgs and Crimson Tide; it is what it is... Everyone needs a goal I suppose... But... to be the team you have to beat the team... So... don't sing it, bring it!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Remember Jordan Davis running down their blazing fast RB?

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of all the great things Kirby has said over the years, two really stand out to me. My favorite was the “We will not be hunted” comment. That was, as Sheriff Buford T. Justice would say, an attention getter.  A tone setter. My second favorite is what he said after the devastating loss to Alabama in the natty as he and the staff were preparing to hit the road to put together another great recruiting class. I believe it was an article here on DawgNation about how difficult it must be to put such a tough loss behind you. Addressing that, Kirby said what gave this still depressed Dawg a glimmer of hope- You can’t let it beat you twice. 

And that’s what Michigan let happen to them vs. TCU. It’s what Ohio State risks letting happen to them as they keep bemoaning the no-PI call against us. If the Wolverines aren’t careful they’ll let it beat them thrice, and if so I will laugh even harder when they do.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Big Blue wants some more....they had better focus on TOS and Penn St.....The DAWGS continue to practice everyday against the best offense and best defense in college football.....plus we continue to live rent free in the minds of every opponent we face!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny Stuf! UM best worry about winning their conference before even starting to think about the DAWGS..

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s what Ohio State risks letting happen to them as they keep bemoaning the no-PI call against us.

Which no Ohio State player or coach is doing other than maybe mentioning it in response to being directly asked about it. Of course the fans and media are going to talk about it, but that makes them no different from UGA fans who claim that UGA should have played for the national title in 2007 - despite beating absolutely nobody and having a worse record than the two teams who did play in the game - and 2018 (same) plus still litigating the officiating from the 2017 Bama loss.

Ohio State's players and coaches, to their credit, are not behaving like the Alabama players and coaches after the 2021 loss. One can debate to what extent players - especially the literal teenagers that make up most of college football - should be allowed to attribute close losses to circumstance (I say that it should be directly proportional to their willingness to attribute the same to their close wins) but one should not claim that Ohio State has been doing much whining or excuse making over their loss, because they haven't been.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio State played their best game and we played our worst. They lost Marvin for 1Q and we lost Washington for the whole game. They held on every play like our entire defense and the refs only called it once. If the refs call a fair game that isn't close at all.

Anyways, they are sore losers. Losers. They didn't even win their conference and were lucky to be there. Even with the refs and ESPN and our worst game and they still lost.

If anything what that game showed me is we can bring our C game and beat a top 5 team. That is how good our team is Guess what, our defense and offense will be better this year. No excuses it is NC or bust for us.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It highlights one thing...IMO. It highlights that, not just Michigan...but, many teams across the spectrum, are chasing "The Georgia Standard", that both...Mark Richt & Kirby Smart instilled. And sportswriters have tried to get their recipe for years.

Kirby Smart, " Always after me Lucky Charms.". And then he snatches the pot of gold away, just when they think they know where it is. Lol

They want that culture...everybody wants that. But, are they willing to lay as much blood and sweat on the line? Is it possible for a Wolverine to love another Wolverine...as much as a Bulldog loves another Bulldog? So far...nope.

If any of those other teams manage to find a recipe for the success and culture currently being enjoyed in Athens or formerly, in Tuscaloosa...Kirby and Nick certainly welcome the competition.

Every Superman has to have a "Lex Luther", for there to be "a story". Kirby's "Lex", was Nick Saban. I think he's currently in the market for another. Lol...is Harbaugh putting his "application" in, with all the rest.

ESPN just loves to hype OSU, USC, ND, Bama and Michigan...no matter what they have. Those have been their go-to teams for decades. It means absolutely nothing...for any of those teams to have ESPN's stamp of "Approval".

They've been relatively quiet on their website with regard to teams, I believe will be on top, next year. Besides UGA & Bama,....South Carolina, LSU and Tennesse are due some attention in the discussion of top programs of the 2023 season. IMO

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think they were asking someone else to beat Georgia. Michigan's got not shot.