Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Does Anyone Still Want to Defend the AJC?

Comments

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The deal is already done. UGA signed a new contract with Fox 5 in June.

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even Clem’s son noticed that the article made fun of websites like DawgNation…

Yet no staff here will speak ill of them…

• Options
    swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

I wish “journalists” had to have some accountability but that’s just not how the world works.

Journalists do have accountability.

It just isn't to the football team at the University of Georgia. Although based on posts I assume that is what you guys want.

There are plenty outlets that are in the bag for UGA. Dawgnation comes to mind.

You guys would do well in China, Russia or yes North Korea. The news would all be good and only praise would be allowed.

The AJC is doing its job. Period. If you don't like it. Don't read it. But to attack a news organization for reporting gasp the news is frankly the most un American thing I can think of.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Then where are the lawsuits? WHERE?

Ask Fox News about accountability in journalism. They just had to pay out almost a billion dollars for their lies.

Why is no one suing the AJC?

Wanna know why genius? Because they have done nothing wrong.

• Options

Yes. Because that is exactly what you are.

There is a word for it. I'll get canceled again probably if I use it.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that twitter has blocked ALL non-account holders from even viewing tweets, this is pretty much one of the few places to get updates from folks like Jeff Sentell.

I like reading tweets but I'm not about to create an account with that cesspool.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@swilkerson7317 wow. just .. wow… take a breath. Geez…

• Options

If they were doing more than just reporting facts the lawsuits would be there.

Reading comprehension is tough I know. But a 5th grader should have gotten the point I was making.

There is accountability in journalism. Again ask Rupert Murdoch about it.

If the AJC was just making stuff up they would be sued as well and rightly so. But we don't see that.

WHY? WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS THE CASE?

Again a 5th grader can figure this out.

• Options

What is the likelihood that Jarrett or his family are going to find or afford an attorney to sue the AJC?

If they had a case. Pretty good I would imagine.

That would be fine if they were reporting news but they are making it up and drawing unsubstantiated conclusions. My journalism teacher would have flunked the whole lot of them.

No. They are not. If they were they would be in court yesterday.