Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Javon Bullard would rather let his play speak for itself than respond to Ohio State barbs

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageJavon Bullard would rather let his play speak for itself than respond to Ohio State barbs

For months, Ryan Day has continued to talk about Javon Bullard’s third-quarter hit on Ohio State wide receiver Marvin Harrison. The Ohio State coach did so again this week while appearing on a video with Fox’s Joel Klatt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

To quote UGA after Missouri's introduction to the SEC, this is "Grown Man Football". But they live in la la land in the big ten. It's why they brought in 2 more soft teams from California. Make more money and help the schedule stay easy.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, the bigger problem is that he's living in a past that has ultimately been fantasized. It was a good hit. There's nothing to actually complain about other than that our guy didn't do a bad job.

• street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not bad for a 3-star number 82 ranked CB when he signed with UGA.

• 99nout99nout Posts: 233 ✭✭✭ Junior

OcryO State is gonna do what they do best.

Lose clutch games and then cry about it.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The interview with klatt looked like a set piece to give him a chance to "respond" to klatt bringing it up. Klatt asked him what ine on field thing bugged him the most. Day made some inane comment about hash marks. The klatt sez something like "golly! I thought you'd talk about targeting!"

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Apparently, he is learning from the whine master himself ...Nick Saban

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TOS played us tough albeit greatly assisted by a total lack of holding calls! This was the only way they kept CJ Shroud in the game. The pass to Harrison was a desperation throw! The hit has been parsed more than a fetal pig in a 8th grade anatomy class and no one can find anything illegal....just a **** hard hit like everyday in a Georgia practice. The conundrum for me is how did TOS allow a mediocre Michigan team come to the shoe and kick their Bucknut arse.....for the second year in a row???? Perhaps Coach Day should be laser focused on how to prevent that from three peating.....and thus keep his job in 23! Coach Day.....here's a clue.....PRACTICE LIKE THE DAWGS.....after all, if injuries occur, you play in a Cup Cake Conference and with your talent will get you by.

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

This isn't Day living in the past, its him making an excuse for a loss that really falls on him (coaching). He's deflecting the blame to the referees instead of the last series where OSU was in FG range and should have run the ball to set their kicker up for the field goal instead of continuing to try and throw it. Stroud was nearly sacked on the play before the FG attempt. What we as UGA fans are missing is what an incredible player Bullock is and how exciting it'll be watching him play safety.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ryan Day is a pitiful person. " If somebody is launching at someone’s head and they’re unconscious on the ground, that is not what we want here.”

Day is still making a false excuse for why he lost the biggest game of his life. Winners don't use falsehoods and fantasy to justify their failures.

If I were an Ohio St fan, the fact that my coach is using a false narrative to try and justify a loss would be a huge red flag. The replay clearly shows it was a legal hit. That should've been the end of the story. Yet, months later Day is still trying to sell a lie. Why doesn't the media call him on it?

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a close friend who is an Ohio State Buckeye fan. I know several and I would actually say they remind me of Georgia fans after the 2nd and 29 thing in the championship game.

They honestly believe that somehow Georgia got the vast majority of close calls in the 2nd half.

They also believe they will meet us again in the championship game this year and that Knowles did a decent job for his first year and the defense will be better. They are not sold on Ryan Day and want to see if he can beat Michigan this year.

Other than that my buddy wasn't even mad at the kicker. He said it was Day's fault for not getting them closer and you can't put that kind of pressure on a kicker in college.

I thought the takes are pretty reasonable but yes they still cannot believe they lost the game.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought the game was called as well by the officials as any I've seen in some time. Your friend is right about the kicker. It's the offense's job to score, and if not get the kicker close enough. In the end, defense won the game.