Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN analyst shares how Georgia football could be in ‘big trouble’ due to 2023 schedule

Comments

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quiet frankly, If Tenn beats the dawgs, do we deserve an opportunity?. This years schedule will be tougher than the pundits predict. SC, Tenn, and maybe GT(yes I said Tech) may be ranked in the top 25, with Auburn and Kentucky giving is a good show during parts of the season. By the time we play Tech, the Dawgs may have had 5 or 6 opponents that were in the national conversation.

See how easy that was, giving the Dawgs a tough schedule. EXACTLY, none of us know, until the games are played!!

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

What a joke the ESPN clown show has become. And, other than when ESPN is televising games, does anyone watch their idiocy for real football, or any other sport for that matter, information and analyses.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If, if , if.... Let's see, if Tenn beats UGA giving UGA its only loss, but keeps UGA out of the SECCG, that would mean that UT has at MOST, one conference loss. It could happen, but seems unlikely. It could cost the DAWGS a playoff spot if it happens, but maybe not. If it does, is that really "BIG TROUBLE" going 11-1, and likely winning a post-season game? Tenn plays 6 SEC teams before playing UGA., including Bama and ATM, so the issue of SECE champ has a good chance to have been decided BEFORE Nov 18. I want to see 3-in-a-row as much as anyone, but I wouldn't characterize a 12-1 season with a top 5 ranking in the final poll "big trouble."

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I saw the name Dinich attached to the article, I knew it was more "expert" opinion from the ESPN CLOWN show. Hard to be an expert on something you've never participated in, and have only watched as a fan 🙄

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Dinich is a female.. So, to me, it's hard to be an "expert" on something youve only watched as a fan. Shes never played 1 down in a competitive football game in her life, what a joke. Closest she's came is a backyard, after Thanksgiving dinner pick up game. I've played football, coached football, and have been a fan longer than Dinich has been alive, but I don't consider myself close to being the expert she's made out to be. It's actually kind of funny, ESPN hires you, and you suddenly become an expert overnight.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just like with the Herbie comments, Thanks Heather for the Bulletin Board material !! Kirby will use it to stoke the fires even hotter with our Dawgs.

And to Repeat ( just like we’re gonna 3peat !!) if it was Bama you’d have to be careful not to slip and fall in the love drool from these loblollies !! So ESPN Yall keep on hating while the Dawgs keep on winning !!

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heather Dinich….. 🙄🙄🥱🥱🥱🥱

• GawgiaboyGawgiaboy Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

ESPN should stick to politics because they know nothing about Dawgs football! The last two years they've had even worse predictions about the Dawgs and we know how that turned out.

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

“If an asteroid hits Sanford Stadium, the Dawgs could be in big trouble,” ESPN’s Heather Dinich wrote. 

• FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

@UGA66 Offering left overs again. Isn't that Disney's motto now?

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I agree. ESPN and Heather are being short-sighted, as usual. Basing their comments on 2020, 2021 and 2022 results. I guess they're expecting Ga Tech and South Carolina to be the same teams they were for the last 3 years.

But, a casual fan could tell you...Tech has improved every game under new management and I expect em to put up a pretty good fight over the ACC, this year, with their new transfer QB. Supposedly, he's been turning heads..

While...South Carolina is ready to explode on the Beamer train...or, whatever....Lol. Rattler is gettin' ready to shut some flappin' ESPN gums...UP. And, I can't wait to hear all the "ESPN excuses" on why nobody thought they could compete. In fact...the "E" in ESPN stands for "Excuses". I think they were going for "Excuses Are Us"...,but...too many vowels. Lol

IMO...UGA better watch out for those 2 teams. Tech and S.C. have always given UGA a game...going back to "The Wishbone"...&..."George Rogers" days. As long as the Dawgs play "their game" to "their standard"...they should be walkin' on sunshine into the CFP.

This is the 2nd Salvo on UGA's playoff hopes and team culture. The 1st was the planted story about "speeding". They're going to work on a reason to squeeze UGA out of the CFP, the way they did in '07 and '18.

Attack their culture...attack their schedule...attack the "team leaders"...try to disrupt team unity and chemistry. Lol...if ESPN didn't launch this attack...Saban DID. Money and power make for strange bedfellows. Standby...I'm sure there will be more to come before December.

I just hope Kirby built his team to withstand a barrage of attacks from Jealous Coaches and Spiteful Journalists and Commentators desiring their team hold the top of the mountain.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They squeezed Alabama out last year. The fact of the matter is we need to go 12-0 in the regular season. Seems a daunting task for any team no less a team dealing with all of the distractions.

Let Josh and the UGAAA deal with the noise and let coach get back to coaching. 1 game at a time is more relevant than ever. If I am feeling tired of the distractions I'm sure it is 1000 times worse for the team and coaches.

Control what you can control and leave the rest up to prayer. Go Dawgs!

BTW I still think we win it again this year fwiw but I'm going to enjoy this team's talent and the ride regardless. We are just that talented and deep.