Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Does Anyone Still Want to Defend the AJC?

Comments

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I certainly don’t fault BA, Jeff, Mike, Connor or crew. However, you can’t look past the fact that it was the AJC that ran DN at the beginning and still has a major influence. I could be wrong, and it may be Cox Media, but a parent company is a parent company… If we don’t speak up, who will?

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

When your parents are putting the food on table and paying the bills, are you going to p.ss them off about crying what your stepbrother said? I think folks are trying to integrate more than whats going on. I'll wager that both DN and AJC employees receive a paycheck from Cox Ent. In anyone can prove that DN is paid for, and the employees salaries are paid directly from the AJC, I'll eat my crow.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Consider that the DN beat reporters may be under an agreement that they can't do it in their contracts or it's biting the hand that feeds you in an indirect way.

As a disclaimer, I have NO use for the AJC and haven't looked at or read an article from it in over 30 years. I enjoyed the late, greats Lewis Grizzard and Ron Hudspeth, but that was it. My point is being on and with DN going on 6/7 years, I have never seen, in anyway, any correlation between either of them reporting wise. When the spinoff occurred to form DN, it's always operated separate from the AJC.

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I would think Mike Griffith would do a good job of checking this out.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Agreed,

but Mike and the other DN writers seem obliged to report on another speeding Incident involving the Dawgs or report on the filing of another lawsuit against the Dawgs (neither of which is wrong to report on, mind you) than report on the retraction demand and it’s inevitable effect on the ajc or the veracity of the original reports …..Maybe they can’t report on such, IDK……neither he nor the other beat writers reported on the original stories either which leads to the speculation that they are not allowed to……

The articles put out by Judd have been hit jobs (like a bully picking on a weakling) and when called out to defend them , he has run and hidden (just like the school bully). How the ajc reacts to this demand will be news and I would like to read about it here first. (As @ghostofuga1 has stated….they may have the same parent, but they SHOULD not be the same kid…..so I don’t equate the two)…….but, will they report then!?

probably not…..

• Options
    DawgsWinDawgsWin Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

The AJC has even more to deal with what was reported at Rivals' UGASports.com

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have for years enjoyed the Dawgnation site as a great source UGA football coverage and it grieves me to say this, but their silence to this point on the AJC/Judd controversy is deafening. Either they have been told or at least suspect they'll be fired if they challenge the AJC or they actually support the hit jobs the disgraced Judd has put out. I personaly believe it's the former, but regardless if the AJC does not quickly get rid of Judd (like the Louisvile Courier did), retract his articles and apologize to UGA, then you will see that Dawg fans will have no choice but to leave this site en masse.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 💯 it's an opportunity to fight back rather than to run off. Just my humble opinion. In this case I only blame the author of this yellow journalism and the editors that let him publish it!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate