Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia knows visit to Tennessee will be critical in 2023 given complaints about schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia knows visit to Tennessee will be critical in 2023 given complaints about schedule

There have been a number of shots taken about Georgia’s schedule. The cancellation of the Oklahoma game, a disappointment according to Brock Bowers, has led to some questioning how tough of Georgia’s 2023 slate will be.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

When I hear conversations at this time of year, revolving around strength of schedule...I just have to laugh. Every single prognosticator I heard over the last week, with one exception...(Connor O'Gara__Saturday Down South)...based their projections on "last year's results". No real analysis.

Of course that'll change a little bit, between now and Kickoff. But, some of these projections I'm hearing are virtually the same ones I've heard for years.

Where did "they have UGA projected in '21...and '22? They couldn't SEE what UGA had? I don't get it. SMH...they finally see and they still don't want to pay homage to the Dawg. So, I guess the "Boys in Red" are just gonna have to do it again, to drive the point home.

Everybody seems to think South Carolina, Mizzo, FLA and Tennessee live in a "time vacuum". They will be what they were, is the thought of the day.

IMO...nothing could be further from the truth. I expect AUB, SC, GT and Mizzou to all be much better than they were last year. Tech and Carolina improved with every game and they are set at QB this year, with talent all around.

Coaching...coaching...coaching. Makes all the difference in the world in SEC Competition this year. Except for UGA...there will be a few surprises. And, other than Conner O'Gara...nobody "in the business" is willing to step out on a limb and call it like they see it, for fear of being ridiculed. I think it's kind of funny.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since 2010 Ga 11 wins and TN 2-One of Tennessee's wins was on a hail mary at the end of the game to escape with a win. BigDawg is right- No respect for Georgia and maybe after we win three in a row people will wise up- I highly doubt it though:-)

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

Kirby is the master of getting his teams focused on the next opponent. UGA can't look past SC, AU, UK, and UF always plays us tough. Ole Miss before Tenn is a trap game. Mizzou has given us problems in the past. People can talk about our easy schedule, but it's only easy if we make it so. Tenn got schooled by SC last year. You can't take anyone in the SEC for granted. Kirby will keep them "on point." I expect to go into Tenn undefeated and very focused/prepared.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tennessee will be ready but so will Georgia. Georgia's attitude is that we are the hunters and everyone else is the hunted. With that mindset, the games are played one at a time never looking beyond the task at hand, beating the team in front of you at that moment. Let's wait 'til Nov. 18. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've noticed that the Media in general, is going to treat this like everything else that's against their agenda or less than flattering. They're gonna ignore it and wait for the next news-cycle. I think it goes a lot deeper than just one reporter, which is the reason for the delay.

This, unfortunately, isn't going away. Like Paul Finebaum said,..."Once you lose credibility, as a News Organization, you don't get it back.". I'm a little shocked, that it was so blatant and the "Editors & Fact Checkers" didn't pick up on it...or worse yet...they were complicit and facilitated it.

Now, you have to wonder, how many lives and businesses were ruined, if any,...from fabricated facts and twisted quotes. That's not just an AJC issue...it's a National issue. IMO

We know, the UGA Bulldogs won't be a victim...but, who's next...and, what does the average citizen do about it, if they fall victim to "Fake News"? We all made our bed, by not demanding better.

Like when the AJC was looking for a response from Kirby Smart, on the charges they saddled him with.....We're all waiting for a response from them. They got some 'splainin' to do. How bad is it?

Go Dawgs...you got this.

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

You can be sure the vols will get the Dawgs best shot, and the Dawgs best shot is very scary, indeed.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2023

To all the people talking about how soft the Dawgs schedule is in 2023, why don't you actually look at the level of competition in the Big 10. If you transplanted just about any SEC team into the Big 10 they would have a good if not great record at season's end. Even Vandy would fare much better against the "vaunted" Big 10.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vandy would probably go 6-3 in the B1G. Add in their 3 non conference and Vandy would be an 8-4 team every year.