Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers leads Georgia as Bulldogs place 16 on Preseason All-SEC teams

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers leads Georgia as Bulldogs place 16 on Preseason All-SEC teams

When you’re the conference’s preseason pick to win the SEC, you’re bound to have some talented players. Georgia certainly fits that bill, as 16 were named to either the first, second or third Preseason All-SEC Team that was released on Friday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 231 ✭✭✭ Junior

"The 11 Bulldogs were by far the most of any team. In total, Georgia had 16 players make all three teams, the most of any SEC school. Alabama also had 16 players make the three teams." - Connor Riley

Uh, Connor, say what???

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haha, that’s exactly what I was thinking. He didn’t have ESPN article to copy quotes from, so he had to do this on is own! 😂😂😂

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I reviewed the 2023 roster and my only thought was....only 16?...... What about everybody else on the O-Line, what about Arian Smith and Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, or AJ Harris and Tykee, how did they miss Rara and Dominic, or maybe Oscar Delp, what, no Daijun Edwards or Jamon Dumas-Johnson???? But to me, the biggest miss was the rest of the D-Line, Warren Brinson, Zion Logue, Tramel Walthour and Tyrion Ingram Dawkins! If these guys didn't make the Pre-Season All SEC Team, all I can say is that I guess we'll have to demonstrate on the field these glaring misses.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I said last week, that the Georgia Bulldogs...ARE, an All-Star Team.

Over half of the guys on that list couldn't make UGA's backup squad...much less their "Starting Lineup". But...what're ya gonna do?. We have to "play-nice" with the other teams. Lol

I would rather be named a "UGA Bulldog Starter"...than be on any of the so-called, "Best of ____" teams, put together by the professional gum-flappers. They have to apply politics to their picks. I don't.

I hereby declare & designate all Georgia Bulldogs are on the All SEC Team...until further notice. They don't have to tell us...we'll just assume it.

It would be easier to name the Dawgs that SHOULDN'T be on the All SEC Team. They obviously left a few off...again. Considering how many Dawgs they've been putting on the All-SEC Team, the last couple of years...vs...the number of Dawgs drafted during that same period...things don't add up.

I see Bama didn't take much of a dip in representation, though...if any. Thank God for that, huh. Somebody's lookin' out for those Crimson Boys. Lol...I'm still waiting on the report of all of Bama's "traffic violations". I hear they have quite the list of violators, themselves.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 335 ✭✭✭ Junior

No Dominic Lovett? What if he had stayed at Mizzou? So that makes no sense. Something else that makes no sense is folks wondering why Arian Smith isn’t on here? What has he done? Yes, he’s blazing fast and can take the top off of a defense, but he doesn’t have the numbers. I’d just like to see him expand his route tree and stay healthy, tbh.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some odd things on the list.

Jalon Walker on 3rd team - what? This is a travesty

No Lovett - really?

No Mondon - hmmm

Think about the guys who could be on here (Beck, Jacksaint, RaRa, Delp/Luckie, Jones Jr.) by end of year. Seriously, @BigDawg61 is right we are fielding an all star team (with the exception of running back).

I still wonder what Gurley or Chubb could of done with this offensive line blocking for them. I guess you don't get everything but we are really spoiled right now.