Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Marvin Harrison Jr.: ‘We go on to win that game’ over Georgia without his injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Marvin Harrison Jr.: ‘We go on to win that game’ over Georgia without his injury

ATHENS — Javon Bullard’s hit on Marvin Harrison Jr. in the third quarter of the CFP title game turned the lights out on Ohio State’s championship hopes and is still being talked about more than six months later.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

The difference between Ohio State and Georgia, Georgia has moved on, and looking to three peat, Ohio State is living in the passed.

• Options
    Camden_DawgCamden_Dawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Truth is he is probably right. The hit in the end zone completely changed the game. Not sure we win if he plays all 4 quarters.

• Options
    dawgfanathensdawgfanathens Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I can go back in time and buy my lottery ticket that day, I’d be sitting in my private island, drinking my Mai Tai right now.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WHEN Ohio Whinners lose out on another Natty they will fire Day.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Ifs and Buts...If the feckless Pac 12 Ref's had called holding Marvin, Your Buck Nuts would not have been in the game because CJ would have been riding the bench or Med Tent and you would have never approached 50 passing yards. Plus, when SBIV finally got focused in the 4th, there was no team that was going to beat us!.....as I recall we scored 18 points to your 3.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thus the game is played on the field and sometimes injuries happen. There are probably several games throughout the course of any season that could go the other way if it weren’t for injuries. It was a clean hit and unfortunately he was injured on the play. There were also other opportunities for them to win that game, so can’t blame just the injury. Perhaps we will meet them again this year as it was a very exciting game. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am laughing so hard right now...

It is "PURE GOLD" the takes by Ohio State fans. My best friend grew up in Ohio and is a huge Bucks fan. He owes me a bottle of fine whiskey which I plan on collecting when I go back for our 30th. What is so funny and crazy to me is I went to his kids weddings and so many Ohio State fans. They did the whole Ohio cheers and crap at the weddings. On the 2nd weddding after we won so many fans came up to me and were very respectful to our team but they had so many built in excuses. I heard the whole, Marvin getting injured thing, I heard about the refs calling everything our way, I heard about the timeout, the first down reversed by Brock's leg, I heard about the guys not deciding to play the game, the homefield advantage, and on and on.

I just was real polite and said, yah we got lucky you guys don't have a kicker and what a stud that Harrison kid is. They will never forget for the rest of their lives how we broke their face with a hobnail boot...

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol....that's the way yall see it in Ohio, huh?

Keep thinking that way. If Harrison doesn't get hurt...you don't think...maybe...Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp & Glenn Schumann don't figure out a way to carve Harrison out of the pack, and shut him down in the 4th qtr?

You don't think...maybe...UGA had a 4th qtr strategy to put the brakes on Harrison? Maybe at the expense of a pass rush, which is why CJ Stroud was able to scramble for so many 4th qtr. yds..

Harrison would've done exactly what he already did...in the 4th quarter....NOTHING! But, if it helps em sleep at night...God Bless. More power to em. Nothing wrong with 2nd place. Lmao

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ifa. coulda. shoulda........it's the cry of losers who didn't get the job done........we did it with BAMA in the overtime loss.....what if Ohio St didn't hold all game? But I digress.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not only did he step out, but the ball was out before the hit. He hadn't been a factor in the game at all in the 3rd quarter. How many games could any team say something like this? We lost Gurley right before a FL game. Didn't we lose Shockley right before a big game? Didn't Stet separate his shoulder in a UF game. Like the article says we were missing key players as well. We still won. Didn't know a teams only chance at a win is based on one player. There my .02

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did he even catch a pass in the 2nd half?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Marvin only had one pass reception in the 3rd quarter....

The defense was already on his trail!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DandyDawgDandyDawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Hello Marvin! Congratulations on a great career at OSU. You will be remembered as a first rate pass catcher, you'll make a ton of money, and good for you. Georgia has some good receivers too, and you know what they have? A ton of hardware, and more likely on the way. But you don't need to talk to our wide-outs (Can you believe that they practice against our DB's every day? I know, crazy right!) you need to talk to the Crimson Tides' receivers about not making it through a game at the most critical moment. Your coach can validate your feelings too, but you know what Mr. Salyer said 2021: "games over, we scored more points. "

• Options
    PeterAPeterA Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

“Never underestimate the importance of physicality”

— Kirby Smart

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the bigger loss was actually that we did not have Washington if I remember correctly? Imagine how much better our offense would have been with him in that game? We also did not have Nolan.

So injuries are part of the game which is why depth is our X factor. This is the downside on recruiting prima donna wide receivers because they don't like too much competition. Problem is they get injured and then what?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wake up call for Marvin that he needs to “toughen up” if he wants to last an entire game vs. the SEC champion. Go Dawgs!!!