Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Marvin Harrison Jr.: ‘We go on to win that game’ over Georgia without his injury

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks! I just posted about all of the missed holdings, and I didn't mention that!

I forget what commentator it was who said that Jalen Carter got tackled more than CJ Stroud.

How convenient that Herbstreit didn't notice it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently Marv, Javon's hit is still rattling your lose screws....No doubt you'll make the NFL, do you think the hits will be any softer?

BigDawg61, if I was litigating this before the Supreme Court, you'd be my #1 witness! GOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is is what matters. Not could have, should have, maybe, if, darn near, shucks darn, I still cry every night in my nightmares and I peed in my pants.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fantastic bulletin material for the Dawgs! OSU has completely lost my respect. Until firther notice…

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This. The most egregious holding by a team I have ever seen. Literally 3 or 4 guys holding on every play. Fistfuls of jerseys, both hands, etc. Kirby needs to get rip off jerseys for the next playoff game. The holding was unbelievably atrocious and all over not just the offensive line.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Put tear away jerseys on defenders.

Offense won't/can't get away with "holding" if they do that. Hell ...offensive linemen will just call "Holding" on themselves when they throw down a piece of the other teams jersey. Lol

Referee: "We have a jersey on the play. 10 yards from the drop.". 😅😎.....The play is under review for the "spot".

Lol...if that were the case...the UGA vs OSU game would've lasted 5-6 hours, at least...the field would've been littered with pieces of "Dawg Jersey"...and UGA would've had to bring 5 extra jerseys for each Offensive Lineman...or they would've been running around in T-shirts, in the 3rd/4th qtr..

I guarantee ya...Pollack, a former Defensive End/Tackle...was probably saying some of the same things we're saying...and he may have even been fired for disparaging ESPN's other honey-holes (investments)...the BIG10 and Saban.

ESPN doesn't want any of their people to diminish the "shine & aura" they've painstakingly created (invented) around the BIG10, Michigan, OSU and Bama...formerly known as the "Premier Program in the SEC".

Too much money involved to allow that kind of free-thinking and speech. When Pollack flat out told em..."UGA has replaced ALABAMA as THE LEADERS of College Football."....every ESPN Executive within earshot, crapped a brick.

It's "The Truth"...but, "The Truth" ain't profitable.

That's the bottom line...and why you can't "believe half of what you see" anymore. There goes another old saying. Lol

• Options
    edited July 2023

Lol...let's go get em. We can take a few of our fellow "Dawg Nation Soldiers" with us. How many do we have anyway?. @BigDawg888 can be in our coalition. Let's take on ESPN first.

We may be able to prove they are "Culpably Incompetent" with a 2-tiered "Hype System". One for their pet-teams/players...and one for the rest...all while professing to be fair and unbiased. Hmmm...sound familiar?

We can use their "treatment" and misinformation campaign with respect to Stetson Bennett as a "sample offense" to test out the legal waters.. I swear...their narrative regarding Bennett barely changed one iota from the first game in 2020 until the final quarter of his final game.

Bennett outplayed that cute little "Former Walk-on" moniker and "Overachiever" label a looong time ago.

But ESPN had their Heisman Candidates all lined up going way back. Honestly...Stroud or Bennett should've and would've been the 2022 Heisman Winner if ESPN not cast the full weight of it's influence into Caleb Williams' corner. And...IMO...he did not "deserve it". He may, next year...but, not in 2022.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    RxDawg06RxDawg06 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Should-a, would-a, could-a, but didn’t.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ryan Day and others just can't shut up about this game. Lady luck is always present, and sometimes the ball bounces your way in the end. BUT, the facts speak for themselves- we outgained the Buckeyes, were also playing without several starters, missed 2 FGs ourselves, but outscored them 18-3 when it counted in Q4. Besides that, Bullard's hit was clean.

In the end, the Buckeyes couldn't beat the Wolverines for the 2nd time last year, and fell short against the Dawgs for all the marbles.

Time to move on...

• Options

I'm still not over the 2018 loss to Tua and the 2012 loss in the SECCG. So I totally get it.

So much more fun being on the winning side.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One huge play that I have never seen talked about or published was by David Daniel-Sisavanh #14 who **** Stroud on the last positive yardage that CJ scrambled for for. (a big gainer) If Daniel-Sisavanh doesn't drop him, then CJ would have picked up a minimum of 5 more yards if not more. Making the field goal attempt a lot more less daunting. I looked for #14 throughout the replay of the game and this was the only time/play that he may have made(not exactly sure). It needs to be talked about. It was huge!

One other observation having rewatched the NC game against BAMA was that on the Keely Ringo interception Bryce Young could have ran for a minimum pickup of 20-25 yards as there was still a minute plus(closer to 2 if my memory serves me) in the game. Instead he threw into heavy coverage. Unforced error on the Heisman winner.

All SB did was make one precision throw after the other with the game on the line. Go DAWGS!

• Options

I did not notice that. Great job. Daniel-Sisavanh is one of those unheralded guys who exemplify TEAM.

Stetson Bennett, was Mr. Clutch, no doubt.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If some bad stuff for us went the other way, we woulda won.

• Options

I wonder....if we went back in time...How many OSU games have been won under similar conditions?

IMO...this could've been one of OSU's many sideways victories...

Had Kirby Smart, not been smart enough to sniff out that fake punt.

AND

UGA's Defensers, not outplayed the OSU Offense "plus" the referees.

Then THEY whine...and people listen. Typical biased media coverage. BS

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And why the refs missed tosu having 12 guys on the field for the fake punt.