Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Network analyst shares Georgia football ‘first-world’ problems that could tilt three-peat hopes

SystemSystem Posts: 10,697 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Network analyst shares Georgia football ‘first-world’ problems that could tilt three-peat hopes

ATHENS — Every football team that starts camp this week has issues and priorities the coaching staffs will be working on, but Georgia’s are of the “first-world” variety according to one ESPN analyst.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm just excited football season is back. No pressure after winning 2. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Kirby likes to say— this team hasn’t won anything. LETS HUNT!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Must have the usual troll on here for you to get a down vote on an absolutely reasonable comment. I agree.

At this moment in time I have Allot of confidence in our Defense, and a reasonable amount of confidence in our Offense. I don’t know what to say really at this point about our Special Teams.

But in summary we have allot of Elite players on both sides of the ball, even better yet we have Proven Elite Coaches that I’m very confident can pump the players up to face any challenges.

And as the article started off most of the other SEC teams have allot more challenges than UGA does so there’s that to consider outside of our own team. All in all a 3peat is very doable in my humble opinion. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

If you're in great physical condition and prepared...no additional adrenaline is necessary to perform at your best. IMO...that's where the Dawgs are. They are a Professional Football Training Facility. There's currently only 3 such outfits....UGA, Bama and OSU. Right now...UGA towers over all of them because of their elite Coaching Staff and infrastructure.

It's going to be extremely hard for anyone to catch them as long as they maintain their current structure. Coaching changes appear to be forward thinking and planned (managed). Departing coaches already have a trained standby in place. McClendon is Bobo's backup at OC and Muschamp is Schumann's (or, vice versa), at DC.

BTW...it's possible that the person "Voting Down" @JimWallace thought he was voting him "UP". The up arrow is next to the "Down Vote". Just sayin'.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Down Vote Troll strikes again. Believe me I have been on the receiving end of whoever it is. You post some pro Dawgs thing and take a shot at big 10 school and then walla - down vote troll....haha!

Anywho, I think the biggest difference in the top 3 schools/nfl factories are the following:

Ohio State - great offense, great history, defense is suspect. So if I am a defensive player probably not going here unless I am a 4-3 type of player (see Eddrick)

Alabama - great history but recent assistants have not been as good and Saban cannot do it. Still recruiting great but recent player development has gone down a notch especially on defense. Burton is my go to example of a high end player not being developed there.

Georgia - great defense, great history. Offense has been top 5 recently and I think Monken was changing perception. If I am a top wr am I going here with Bobo? Bobo really needs to light up the stat chart this year if we want to start landing 5* wrs. Player development is probably better than anywhere else right now.

So, we are on the top for now. I think retaining assistants is key but we will lose a few after this year. Still not sold on Bobo. I need to see him match Monken and show me he still has that magic from his last stint at OC here at Georgia so we can put to bed the Auburn and South Carolina performances.

It's BOBO OR BUST!

• Options

Lol....of course they did. Saying UGA's gonna blow everybody off the field for the next 3 or 4 years isn't "news-worthy". It's "True" but, that don't sell papers and buy clicks. Kinda like reporting that...."The Ocean is Blue Today". Now...when you hear..."A RED Tide is Predicted for mid-August". Ya might click on that. 😁😎

Gotta have somethin' to chew on between now and September. Thanks for the "Dawg Bone", @MikeGriffith. Gives us somethin' to "kick around" for awhile. Lol

• Options

I don't think Monkin was as great, as "all that". He was obviously very good, though..."within Kirby's system" with substandard...but, adequate offensive material left behind by Chaney and Pittman (big loss, IMO). Not as irreplaceable to Kirby Smart, as apparently Smart and Kiffin were to Nick Saban.

As for Alabama...and, Nick Saban....this is what I think, for what it's worth....

I believe that, when Kirby Smart left Bama and took Mel Tucker and eventually Glen Shumann and Scott Cochran..... It knocked one of Saban's legs out from under him by disrupting the defensive coaching structure.

Yeah he basically traded Tucker for Pruitt. UGA got the better end of the trade. Who knows what damage Pruitt did to the culture, Saban and Smart had created...but, I'd say, they still haven't recovered.

And...when Lane Kiffin left...it knocked the other leg out from under Saban. He held off the effects from that departure, for a couple of years...on the talent and coaching Kiffin left behind.

IMO...2021 and 2022, were some of "Saban's" personal best "coaching" years. Even though, they didn't make the CFP or SECCG, last year. He could've and should've lost more than 2 games both of those years, IMO.

But........Saban being Saban...they won several games that could've easily gone the other way. He's starting to run out of those kind of games, as the rest of the league is closing the gap. Next year is gonna be an eye-opener for Bama Fans....In my humble opinion.