Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

KJ Bolden: The really big decision in his life you haven’t read about this week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageKJ Bolden: The really big decision in his life you haven’t read about this week

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep offers a different read on the story of 5-star KJ Bolden. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 safety and the No. 7 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 1 S and the No. 8 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ Junior

Glad the two have been reunited and are working toward reconciliation…but “sacrificial lamb”?? Not sure that’s the proper analogy.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang Jeff, that may be your best article yet. I feel like this should become a movie after you scripted it so well. Thanks for your attention to detail, for going below the surface, writing about what makes these kids tick, what motivates them. It's appreciated.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeff, I'm hoping your novella has a happy DAWG ending! I must admit, it was looking like "money" was going to be a prime motivator and the "Yellow Wood" guy would sway KJ to the Plains and obscurity. Then I read what I believe is KEY...“He hasn’t watched me play in like 10 years.”

That father son relationship will determine where KJ goes.....If he's as wise as I'm thinking, he'll become a DAWG.....Easy trip for the home games NIL won't be shabby so the away games will be easy as well plus he'll get the development, experience and exposure to be a first rounder and thus be the beneficiary of more wealth than any current program could ever offer. GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2023

@JeffSentell Great article Jeff. Really good.

Any insight on where he commits tomorrow? There is a lot of chatter about AU. Hard to believe but it's there. Actually, some on FSU too.

What say you?

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't really say I don't care where this young man chooses to have his college career ( I want him to be a DAWG more than ever after reading this ), but I will truly wish him a continuation of his success in life. His story is one of family facing and conquering adversity. Kudos to his Mom for holding everything together, as well as his father for being selfless enough to admit mistakes and turn negative example into a positive "don't make the type of mistakes I made" message for his son. I am thrilled for them having so far fought through tough times. I believe this young man has the character as a person to get through challenges, no matter how difficult they seem. I think his character is such that he will fit well on Kirby's team. Hope he chooses the DAWGS and realizes all his dreams.