Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defense working to find ‘unique ways’ to get the most out of its outside linebackers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defense working to find ‘unique ways’ to get the most out of its outside linebackers

ATHENS — Perhaps the player who best sums up what Georgia is going to be working with at outside linebacker this season doesn’t usually play outside linebacker. That would be sophomore Jalon Walker.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Injuries will have the biggest impact on which LB's play where and when. Development will occur over the course of the season. #32 will start the year as starter but will be relegated to substitution relief by the end of the season.

IF Darris Smith has, in fact, bulked up to 240 lb his role and game snaps will explode. Looking for MJ Jr to take a big step up from yr 1 this year. There may be a more talent at OLB than any other position on the team. It will be fun to watch the development.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Worries about the RB room.....I'm more worried about the whether there will be at least one sunny day during my week in Aruba! Kendall and Daijun will be the foundation racking up 800 -1000 yards each but look out for Cash.....he is going to shock DAWG fans in 23. The DAWGS will continue to win with "rotational TEAM" football.....Inside and outside LB's will be dominating with loads of experience doled out to Freshman.

Connor you were spot on about Big Baby, but by the end of the 23 season he'll be known nation wide....just hoping he keeps the dollars in his sock and avoids a "Pickens" penalty! As far as Brock Bowers in his Jr year, he may be in NY but I don't think he'll win the Heisman.....seems to me Mr" profane message on my finger nails" Williams has the backing of the moronic sports writers unless he gets injured and doesn't play...BUT that's not all bad because I believe it will inspire Brock to come back for his Sr year and add to our Natty count.....that's my way out on a limb prediction.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am soooo not worried about the OLB slots.

Yeah, these dudes are young. But they are very talented. And really rangy too - just like you want to have along the edge.

Plus the light schedule early in the season will give them a chance to find their sea legs. They're going be fine.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This year, Brock may prove himself the best player at any position in college football. Once he gets into the pros, I hope he can electrify TE the way he has at the college level.

But you've got to admit that Caleb Williams is pretty dang good at what he does. I also think Heisman voters are being logical when they favor QBs a bit, because QBs do influence their own teams more than other players do.

For example: If they both have outstanding seasons -- but Bowers' is slightly more outstanding -- Williams might still be given an edge, because his position is so influential on every USC offensive play.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's all about who touches the ball the most. QBs have a built in advantage. That being said Brock could play some running back this year. He probably would be pretty good.