Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Warren Brinson, Georgia defensive line look forward to proving Kirby Smart wrong

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageWarren Brinson, Georgia defensive line look forward to proving Kirby Smart wrong

ATHENS — Warren Brinson disagrees with Kirby Smart’s assessment of the defensive line.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2023

It's the dawgs biggest concern. Can they get penetration? Will those Freshman step up for meaningful snaps? Who's in the pipeline next. I know in my heart that every position is important, but I can't remember a champion without a very good defensive line. They need to recruit more at the position.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They recruit a bunch, but in this modern age of tampering and NIL, it's an uphill battle. Hopefully these guys can prove Kirby wrong and get drafted early. That's about the only way to push back against NIL and tampering.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"All we got is all we need"......what we've got is an entire D-Line of "Game Wreckers"....NO Name at this point but come November There will be names known across the country as the standard at stuffing the run, and eating QB's!

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We never have a game wrecker, until we do.

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good ploy bny Coach Smart. Make the guys work harder to get to the praise ine of deveopment.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get a sense that Kirby is working two angles here. 1) He's verbally announcing to the public about the lack of big names on the defensive line so other teams are over-looking them in that regard. 2) obviously calling out the d-line group and motivating them to be better than the standard.

Smart is Smart.

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't believe this is an angle Smart is using because I see the same thing. Everybody knew how talented the 2021 defensive line was going into the season and we all knew Carter was as good as anybody on the defensive line the past two years. This group is stout at the point of attack, but Smart is talking about guys getting penetration and making plays in the opponent's backfield; I don't see that. I hope one of the young guys jumps out or they get it done by committee, but there isn't one player that the other teams will have to game plan for right now.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the following 2 things are related

• -if our OL is as good as we think (Moore nominated line) then
    • -our DL is much better than people realize and Kirby is ploying coy with us

OR

-our OL is overrated and

- our DL is not that good but above average by our recent standards

So, if it is the first scenario then we will be great again. It has to be 1 of the 2 since the DL crushed the OL in the first scrimmage but they both went toe to toe in the second. But to say the DL is not that good just seems like a big stretch and once again Kirby is playing coy.