Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: How Branson Robinson injury affects offense, managing Carson Beck, new special teams mix

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
image3 things: How Branson Robinson injury affects offense, managing Carson Beck, new special teams mix

ATHENS — Kirby Smart said Branson Robinson’s season-ending injury won’t affect the Georgia offensive plan of attack, but there is a ripple affect in the program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2023

The RB room is an utter cluster freak going into the first game next week and looks like this will be a year of whoever can line up behind the QB is going to play. Wow... one injury after another and your top RB is a career card carrying injury champion to say the least.

This is a huge issue folks and my gut tells me this weak RB room might cost us a game one afternoon because we cannot run the clock late in the 3rd and out during the 4th qtr.

We will need one or two more RB from the portal next winter to get this room back up into full speed...

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 171 ✭✭✭ Junior

I still find it comical that the press or other coaches or other players or even some of our fans tried to make it sound like Carson was in a dawg fight for his life to be the starting QB. Anyone and everyone that knows UGA football had no doubt he was going to be the man.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes there are some injuries. But still have a great RB room with almost a month before the 1st big test. By the time SC rolls into Athens, McGee will have the ball rolling.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope...ain't gonna happen...IMO. Cash Jones is as good as Robinson in a lot of ways and, will provide some relief there....and the other guys are all proven winners except for a couple without experience.

I'm not worried in the least, about RB. It's not like UGA lives and dies by the run, anyway....but, with an "All World" Offensive Line...you don't need Barry Sanders or Herschel Walker back there. If there was really an issue with numbers at RB...they'd be talking about moving a couple of guys to running back, like Bowers or one of the other guys that played RB in HS..

Mark Richt and Mike Bobo had to do that, at least once that I remember. Can't remember his name, but, he was a LB moved to RB. That's an old UGA trademark. It's how they got the name, "Junkyard Dawgs", back in Erk Russell's day.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all knew what Beck was/is...and, we all knew he was capable of "Starting". He could've "Started" last year, if he had to. That being said...what we didn't know...was where the other two guys were in their development. You didn't know, either.

If I'm reading Kirby correctly...I think what he was saying, in so many words, is that all 3 QB's could start, right now. But, BVG and Gunner didn't outplay a Senior QB with 3 years experience, enough to warrant "Starting" them over Beck. That's a pretty good place for any team and coach to be in.

You are correct in one respect...it would've raised a lot of eyebrows, if he had played it any different...and, the "Starter" [BVG or Gunner] went out there and laid an egg. How would you turn around from that and allow Beck to save face with the team.

Yeah...Beck was always gonna be the guy....unless one of the other guys was reborn Superman in the offseason.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby has brought an attitude that tells it all, "we’re trying to beat everybody in the country and not somebody". He's taken us to a different level that has never been reached before. We have to beat the guy across from us on every play and we expect that from ourselves and nothing less. Go DAWGS!!!