Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC Power Poll: Alabama looked best in Week One, Auburn rising fast

2»

Comments

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Auburn because they played UMass? Hmmm. Well anything will be better than the last couple of years so yeah I can see rising fast. And Frieze is the real deal somehow. I get some of it, but not all of it.

And FYI. Most all off this weekend was meaningless except for those that lost that were not supposed to.

Most teams, other than TN, don't show any of their real offensive playbook against low-tier opponents.

Biggest improvement usually happens between games 1 and 2.

Teams like LSU and Clemson just got a huge wake-up call. Nothing can motivate a contender like a loss can. We shall see if they were just pretenders. Wouldn't count LSU out week 1.

So many teams get hyped up after week 1. And most will be exposed by film study, a good coach, depth issues, etc and come midway of the season they fizzle out.

Talk about overreactions.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think losing by 3 tds is a major problem even if you go undefeated from here . Now with Clemson since they play FSU only winning the conference and beating FSU twice will do. That is a hoe road to tough. I mean a tough road to hoe. Anywho, I think we can safeley say Clemson is cooked unless Duke gets 10 wins this year. Could not have happened to a more awesome coach. Dabba Dabba Do right out of contention.

Now for LSU I thought with the talent they had returning that they would have handled FSU. The qb takes a lot of the blame for this imo but certainly where was Perkins all game? Bad coaching. Kelly just made himself look dumb as rocks. Can they recover? I say Nope. 3 or more losses coming for this LSU Team as they are poorly coached.

Now we are down to the real contenders for the belt after only 1 week

FSU

Michigan

OSU

Penn State

Notre Dame

Texas

Washington

USC

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now we are down to the real contenders for the belt after only 1 week - BigDawg88

FSU

Michigan

OSU

Penn State

Notre Dame

Texas

Washington

USC

Where is Georgia on this list??

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are ignorant of the quality of players on the AL roster if you think they can't compete and win against any team in the country. Milroe played well in his 3rd(?) start. He is a duel threat weaponthat is very difficult to defend. AL OL a "weakness" last yr reloaded and can be considered the favorite for the JMoore award this year. AL may have more quality and experienced depth than UGA. It will be interesting to watch AL play this year w/new coordinators. Have they eliminated the undisciplined play and penalties? If so they will be difficult to beat.

Word on the ESPN scroll last night was that the 2 starting AL S's were banged up in game 1 and may not play vs TX. That could be a problem for AL. Will be interesting to see Fr, Caleb Downs play the whole game if needed.

You need to get your nose out of Saban's bunghole. This is a DAWG site not some Alabama troll's site. Alabama will never beat us this year. Milktoast is going down in a big way. He is not half the passer of that last choke artist they had who won the Heisman. Don't bet against these DAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

"AL may have more quality and experienced depth than UGA"____@UGADad20

Strongly disagree. They key word there, being "experienced". There's no way Bama could've possibly built the "experienced depth" UGA has...while fighting for their life in nearly every game, last year. Not many reps leftover for the 2rd team...much the 3rd team.

And, we all know how Kirby values reps for the "Development Projects"....heck, you saw it last week. 11 different receivers...35 different defenders [that I know of]. And...he does it EVERY week, regardless. By the end of the year....UGA will have 2 complete teams in one. It's been a long time, since Nick Saban could say that.

Regarding the coaching upgrades at Bama....

Replacement, doesn't necessarily equal improvement. But, yeah...Bama has the talent. I just don't believe their infrastructure is comparable to what it once was. I did see some improvement on both sides of the ball over Spring and after the 1st game.

That being said...Texas is pretty darn talented, too. And, I saw massive improvement year over year, out of them. They should beat Alabama...BUT...they ARE playing in Tuscaloosa. That could be the difference in the game.

If Texas gets a fast start, game over..."Bama". If they have to figh,to come from behind, in the 4th qtr, game over..."Texas". Alabama's defense, is back....now, that Anderson and Golden are gone.

That's not saying Anderson is responsible for the last 2 years. More, that Pete Golden didn't know how to use him or the talent around him...and, tried to spread Anderson all over the field. I don't see how a change in Coaching, didn't help...in the defensive game. Lol

Should be a helluva ballgame.

Not so sure Bama's defense is back. I am anxiously awaiting both the Texas game and the Ole Miss game. 2 great indicators of how to exploit Bama's secondary and the quality of their DL. We should learn a lot if either team has success.

In a perfect world Bama loses both.

edited September 2023

They could very well...lose more games than that...depending. We'll start by finding out if their QB is "for real" and, if they have the old Bama swag. If they go out there Saturday night, in doubt...and...the QB's lay eggs...it's gonna be a long season for the Tide.

I don't think that will be the case, but, you never know till the "clutch is engaged". Last Saturday, didn't tell us a darn thing, we didn't already know....they can beat hell out of Middle Tennesse State....and, UGA can beat hell out of their Sister school..."UT Martin". Lol.

BTW....Texas Fans are torqued that Sark didn't put Manning into the game in the 3rd qtr...opting to use the other backup. What did I tell you about the pressure they're going to be under, to "play him". I'm glad UGA avoided that publicity nightmare. Lol

I am always hoping Bama sucks it. Last year was just so beautiful because everyone was picking them with Young and Anderson. I still believe the refs stole that one for Tennessee and that Bama really won that game. I watched it and the officiating was horrendous. It was a thing of art though to see them lose 2. Just wonderful. Wonderful.

Saban getting all pissy about being left out for TCU. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Anyways, I agree that Texas will probably get torched this Saturday but should they win it will be a Glorious thing. We are all Horns fans this Saturday.

edited September 2023

Me too. Lol...but, somebody over there, in the West doesn't "****". And, this is the 1st year, in I don't know how long...that I don't have a good feel for that division. Literally, any one of em could bring it, this year.

Earlier in the year, I think I had it...

1. LSU

2. A&M

3. ARK (Tied)

3. BAMA (Tied)

5. Ole Miss

6. Auburn

7. Miss State

But, now...after this weekend, I'm not so sure. I think it could go to any of the above. The strongest case WAS for LSU. Now, I have to say, it's Bama. And, that will probably change this weekend. IMO.

Their pain...is "our" reward. Lol...Until 2021...we owned that T-Shirt and Trophy. It's time they carried it a while.