Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Details emerge following Jarvis Jones’ arrest on speeding, reckless driving charges

SystemSystem Posts: 10,467 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageDetails emerge following Jarvis Jones’ arrest on speeding, reckless driving charges

ATHENS — Georgia staffer Jarvis Jones was arrested on Friday evening on charges of reckless driving and speeding.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not much new here. Zzzzzz

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm assuming the "radiation" from the Circle of Honor is not the nuclear variety, right?

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arrested for a traffic violation? $2,500.00 bail for a speeding ticket? Athens' reputation for having police who act like cowboys goes back to the '50s. If you drive in Athens look out for the cowboys ... they're waiting for you.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hardly see how this is newsworthy in relation to UGA football. If a major crime had been committed then that is one thing. A traffic stop for speeding with no one injured? And was mentioned about being inducted into a place of honour in the sports program as if a speeding ticket is enough to call that into question. Perhaps all of the inductees' personal lives should be examined to see who else had received a speeding ticket. Now, it is not acceptable to break traffic laws, they are there for everyone's safety, but hardly a capital offence. Write about something else.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard the policeman was a rogue Florida Gator Fan. When he heard the Gator killer was on the loose he said "not on my watch, no sir."

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...right?! Hell...we've got this issue, right here, in Southeast Ga. What do we care about Athens' traffic violations?

I could go to I-95 right now...and count 10 cars going 20 to 30 mph over the posted speed limit. Same on most state highways.

It's not just an Arhens or UGA issue...but, for some reason...nobody wants to do an in-depth Report. Just "gaslight" UGA.

Now...why would "Fake News AJC" concern themselves with "Truth". Lmao

• Options
    Roman13Roman13 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

He should be fired, he’s th guy who is supposed to be setting the example for the players. He’s a grown man who obviously isn’t th sharpest knife in th drawer.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Actually...I thought the same thing, initially. But, you don't "Fire" family. You help them. And, that's what these Dawgs are..."family". Despite what Monkin thinks.

BTW...We have no idea what the circumstances behind all this, may have been. Each one is different...and, should be treated that way. At least until somebody proves that UGA is the ONLY Team in the Country with a "Speeding" issue. I'd be willing to bet, @MikeGriffith , probably refused to do this story...on principle.

I'm wondering..."what's going on in Athens, that people feel free to travel 40+ mph over the speed limit. Do they have a "speed trap" set up...are hwys properly posted with realistic speed limits?

Is Bama, LSU, FLA and the rest experiencing this problem?

See?...NO REAL REPORTING...just "gaslighting". That's what "Fake News" does best, these days, unfortunately. You wind up with far more questions, than answers. Like..."What ever happened to that AJC Reporter, they caught fabricating an anti-UGA "Traffic Violation Narrative ["Lie"...to us old-schoolers]?". It's a different world...on and off the "Football Field".

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was my immediate thought -- although I'm trying to reserve my judgment . It's incredible that he would be driving 86 in 40 mph zone after what the tragedy in Athens earlier this year.

He's an adult. His job requires him to be a role model.

"The Circle of Honor is designed to “pay tribute to extraordinary student-athletes and coaches who by their performance and conduct have brought honor ot the university and themselves and who by their actions have contributed to the radiation of the Georgia Bulldogs.”"

Seriously: How can be inducted into the Circle of Honor with this hanging over his head?

• Options

C'mon man...Lol. Pete Rose is the only "Sports Legend" this Country ever held a grudge against...for, betting on sports...not, Speeding, for God's sake.

He should be inducted for what he's contributed...right up to last month. I can't speak to Speeding, right now...I'm trying to pass this "granny"...only doing 5 mph over the speed limit. Got places to go...and things to do. Lmao

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you do 86 in a 40? I rarely do 86 in a 70 on the freeway.

• Options

Hey, be careful, BigDawg1: That's MY mama you're passing!

But did you really have to go 86 to get by her when she was just taking her car out for a little mosey on down the highway? :-)

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was me he was passing and I aint your grandma. I was busy looking at my cellphone and driving with my elbows...don't tell anyone please. I sense he was a bit frustrated and hit the gas too hard in that fancy car of his.

• Options

Yeah. Still, no excuse. Not with what this team's been going through. Nor with him supposedly being a role model.

• Options
    edited September 2023

🤣🤣🤣....nah...that wasn't your Mom. It was mine. She's in Her 80's and can't see very well anymore...so, She keeps it reasonable. Lol

• Options
    edited September 2023

I agree...I don't think I hit the "50 mph over posted speed" mark, in about 35 years. That's why I was curious about the posted Speed Limits and possible "Speed Traps" up that way.

The AJC darn sure doesn't want to tell us...so, maybe we need to do our own "Investigative Reporting". Seems, in this new and dysfunctional Media...they forgot how to do that. It's about "Narratives" and "Gaslights". Lol

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t necessarily think he should lose his place in the Ring of Honor. I mean, I don’t think it’s right to basically nullify over a decade of upstanding service to the University over a moving violation. HOWEVER, the amount of tone-deafness present in this forum is staggering. Two members of this “family” lost their lives due to the very same type of violation, there have been 13 similar violations since then, and the 14th is committed BY A COACH?!? Not ok.