Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Confidence still high for Carson Beck heading into Ball State: ‘Once he’s rolling, he’s rolling’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageConfidence still high for Carson Beck heading into Ball State: ‘Once he’s rolling, he’s rolling’

ATHENS — Carson Beck told reporters after Georgia’s 48-7 win over UT-Martin that he didn’t really settle in until the second quarter. That he was anxious during the first quarter of the first start of his career.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree it is absurd. A few fans are somewhat outspoken but mainly the DN writers are responsible for stoking the negativity fire every chance they get and every single day. Las of em. Heck, MG writes today about a player punching someone in the face on the practice field in 2021!!?? Fights happen all the time on the practice field. A nothing story and it wasn’t even his story. It was another ESPN story. I am of the opinion that the majority of fans are tired of it any the season is just starting.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did I hear Oscar make a verbal slip??????? Maybe we run the ole standard sweep with Brock, only to have him plant and pass to McConkey or Delp or any of our receivers....how bout Mews or Arian our speedsters???? Oh the season brings intrigue! I'd do it against Ball State just to give our SEC opponents something else to worry about concerning BB!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone that has never played sports don't have a clue what he's going through. When you open up playing a B-team you're not getting fired up like you would a Tennessee or Alabama or Clemson and your adrenaline isn't pumping the same. First start of the season after waiting 4 years. I played all three sports growing up and sometimes it takes a bit to get in the groove. I watched Stetson play live 3 years in high school and new he could play but I remember how UGA fans loved to throw down on him. 2 championships later he's laughing all the way to the bank. UGA fans need to take a chill pill an calm down.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would caution my fellow Dawgs to look for tangible and substantial improvement but Not VAST improvement in game 2.

There are processes and transitions taking place, being shaped and formed under the guidance of the coaching staff.

Any Dawgs fan should have readily seen the potential on display in game one. I know, I know, potential has very little value until it is put into positive action on the field of play. But it’s grossly inaccurate and really unfair to compare this team of game one 2023 to the team dancing under confetti holding up a National Title Trophy.

That National Title winning team had their fair share of hiccups and slow starts on O. But as we know they Adapted and Over Came ( that was my best Gunny Highway impression) to Go On to win the National Title.

Honestly though when looking at the newer guys even those who had limited action last year but did play, I see Allot of high quality potential !! The Dawgs need to just keep working in real games and practices, keep getting the W’s and keep learning their trade. I’m convinced that by the time we face tougher competition our Dawgs will be ready and will make us proud. Course I’m proud of Em anyway.

By the time the regular season is over I believe there is plenty of probability for this team to be a Better team than their last two season predecessors. The only proviso I have and there’s not much can be done about it, is the ole injury bug. But ALL teams deal with that and that can take you quickly into Excuse Territory instead of reality. As Dawgs fans we sure don’t want to be guilty of whining about well if so and so hadn’t been injured.

More than apt a sad truth is we will lose guys for the season along the way. But the hope is the “new” guy that has to step up will no longer be new !! We can thank Kirby and his staff for being as selective as possible in recruiting ( getting guys that fit the UGA ideology) and for having extremely tough practices with sky high standards of excellence. Nobody plays the Dawgs harder than the Dawgs !!

Kirby and the players have said for the longest time We practice so hard that the real game seems easier. That comes at a cost in injuries, but program wide it has equated to B2B titles and a very solid shot at yet another.

For us as fans, Patience is the watch word. It’s gonna come, just like the last two years I’m sure some nail biting scary and even frustrating moments, but Title 3 is on its way !! Go Dawgs !!

P.S. I’m a big fan of Loyalty. So a sincere salute to guys like Beck, Milton, Vandergriff, and several others who stayed with the program. They obviously bought in totally and that makes them DGDs to me !!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I re-watched the game. Beck as well as the O-line looked much better in the second half. Defense didn't give up a 3rd down conversion until the 2nd-3rd D came in. It is great to be a GA Bulldawg!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NEver was a man or a college QB more thrilled to stand in front of the press and answer questions as the man! He can't wipe the smile off his face!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

reddawg, I had to go watch again.....Definitely Carson has the look....."I got this"......game #1 / 2nd half was a confidence builder and we now have our General! My crystal ball tells me Carson will never play a full regular season game but hey......that'll keep Brock and Gunner workin for snaps and gettin better!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are we talking about Carson? He's The Man.

Carson is going to make the doubters look silly.

Our Offensive Line got their asses chewed this week. I would expect them to play their absolute best. I'm picking Rod as a potential 100 yard running back this week with 2 TDs. Kirby is going to make changes if things don't get better at run blocking and the people who were crappy are on notice.

I also expect the wide receivers to play better. I just expect a much improved and cripser offense. I wouldn't want to be the guy screwing up this week with lack of effort. Kirby has that internal fire that makes him want to watch every players effort and if they know the plays.

He is OCD without a doubt. Don't be that guy who doesn't do his job.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been asking for this play for two seasons!!

Throw in Ladd (played QB in HS some) to Bowers or Washington when he was here or now Delp….can just mix and match…

Wasn’t it McIntosh to Mitchell a couple of years ago!!

Go Dawgs!