Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia transfer Adonai Mitchell helps lead Texas over Alabama, former teammate Jermaine Burton

SystemSystem Posts: 10,712 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia transfer Adonai Mitchell helps lead Texas over Alabama, former teammate Jermaine Burton

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Georgia football transfers Jermaine Burton and Adonai Mitchell took their turns in the spotlight of the Texas-Alabama game Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Flood alert from all the tears in TuskyALoser tonight !! Bwahaha !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Wow, Bama is in worse shape than I thought. And I didn't really have high expectations to begin with. Man that was fun to watch.

Penalties, a wilting defense, a porous offensive line. All the biggest problems from last year are still there, minus Bryce Young. Did anyone else feel like they were watching a triple option team whenever Bama had the ball? With a few exceptions, it was either a handoff, a QB run, or going deep against a defense that was daring them to pass it.

• Options

They’ll probably put ADs pic up in all the post offices in Bama and list him as Public Enemy #1 !! 😂

• Options

Also, I was happy to see Mitchell have another big game against Bama.

• Options

Bwahaha !!! Yeah now that you mention it they Did look like a triple option team !! They have Serious, Serious issues at QB !!! And if their O line doesn’t get Vastly better at pass pro our Defense would eat their QB alive !! He’ll be running alright, running for his life !! 😂 The look on Saban’s face when leaving the field was priceless !! If they continue their decline he might retire after this year.

• Options

Are you watching Auburn vs Cal ??

• Options

Auburn not looking to hot either. But at this point in time they’d probably beat Bama. Seriously.

• Options

The more I look around at the scores in the SEC the better I feel about our Dawgs. Like the Vols only beating Austin Peay by a score of 30-13 !! The prediction here on DN was 63-13 so the Vols missed that by 30 points !! And our next opponent SC, Furman put up 21 points on them !! Course I know our Dawgs will get SCs best game of the year so far, they always save their best for us.

• Options

Well looks like you might have left to hit the sack. About time for me to examine my eyelids for pinholes to. Have a great rest of the weekend. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love how everyone's now on the Texas is back bandwagon and/or the Colorado Prime experiment. The Tide played a bad game with a new QB, but they'll be there at the end. I have more faith in Bama than I do Texas. The Buffs are a nice story but they've beaten two terrible teams. TCU is TCU and Nebraska couldn't score in **** (if they did it would be called back for holding.)

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

***** that would be house of ill repute.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if we will play them or LSU or Texas A&M but it doesn't really matter at this point. We just need to take care of our business and get healthy and get better. I am not concerned about any teams in the SEC at this moment. Bama's talent and the fact they were at home kept them in the game. They are not well coached right now and their qb is talented enough to beat mid-tier teams but not accurate enough to guarantee any wins. Starks will be a pick machine against this clown. Our dbs are the best I've seen in the country so far. We would eat this Bama team for lunch and dinner.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our defense couldn’t even get a sack against ball state and only 1 vs UT-Martin, what makes you think we would eat them alive? To be honest, haven’t seen the best from this defense yet and needs a lot of improvement in the front 7 from what I can see.

• Options

No sarcasm at you but did you watch the TX vs Bama game ?? Again sincerely no sarcasm ?? Man TX gobbled that dude up !! They were on him nearly every play !!

Yes and Yes our Defense needs plenty of work I agree. But from what I saw, Yes our Defense would have done at least as good as TX. Like the ole movie Kelly’ Hero’s “Have a little faith baby”. Hope you know the movie if you do you’ll get the humor in that. 😂

All my fellow Dawgs fans that are worried need do is Look Back at the previous two Ntl. Title winning seasons. There were Plenty of snags, hiccups, slow starts, defensive break downs etc. etc. in Both those teams. Yet we know how the story ended.

Ball St. QB was BY FAR more accurate throwing the ball than Bama’s QB. He’s at least at this point what quite a few Dawgs fans predicted, a guy that can run the ball, has a strong arm, but can’t read defensive coverages very well, and is not very accurate with the ball. Just my opinions. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Excellent points !! To quote you and I Totally Agree “Get healthy, Get better”. Yes and Yes !!! I mean at this point we had one of our Starting RBs completely out, the other playing injured with a hamstring, which as we all know for a RB is a very problematic thing.

I’m Not making excuses I’m being real. Plus Ladd is one of our primary starting receivers. We all saw the difference that getting Rosemy-JackSaint back made. Now in the absence of those important players, guys like Mews, Cash, Robinson have all done really, really well. So if we can get these really important guys back AND these new guys continue to Get Better we’re gonna be fine on Offense.

Oh our O line needs to continue to gel and get their chemistry. Right now the most problematic thing is our Defensive front. That unit Really needs to step up. Maybe it’s just a gel and chemistry issue with them as well. But Until they do ( one would think they’d have to get at least Some better as the season goes on) our LBs and Secondary will just have to step up and contain and keep Points Off The Board.

Until our Defensive front gets better unfortunately we will probably see gashes in yards on the ground and yards through the air as well. But it’s the scoreboard that matters most. And in a very different way for most Kirby Smart teams it might be that our O will just have to out score the opponent. Every snap Beck gets he’s gonna get more comfortable and more confident.

We Have weapons on Offense, they will become more and more proficient. Kirby has done a Elite job of leading us thus far, I’m trusting in him !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edited September 2023

Sacks are great, but they're not the end all be all. Generally disrupting the play is what you want consistently from your front seven. The UT Martin game is a good example. I think it was reported that their QB was getting the ball out at 2.1 seconds on average. When the quarterback is releasing the ball after 2 seconds, you're not going to sack him. But if you're forcing him to consistently get rid of it that quickly, you're putting a significant limitation on their offense. Hence, their only "touchdown" coming at the end of the game against the backups.

We saw a similar type of effectiveness against Ball State. The Georgia front was getting back there, but the QBs had the presence of mind to at least get rid of the ball when that happened, whereas Milroe looked like he was trying to figure out what to do when the pressure was on. Although, Georgia's defense got three interceptions and didn't allow any touchdowns, so maybe turnover-prone Milroe had the right idea to just eat the loss of yardage.

It's all well and good to point out that there's still room for improvement. That will just about always be true. But it's also true that it's a lot more likely that the heavily rotated Georgia front will improve by the end of the year than that Milroe will become a polished quarterback. Maybe Saban will end up going with a different quarterback by then and this will all be moot. But as of last night, I was feeling pretty good about going up against that Bama team for an SEC title.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whata ya get when you cross a DGD with a Burnt Orange Bovine......."Alabama's Daddy, AD Mitchell......AD, Thanks for the Great memories....the look on Saban's face was the same look I had when I ran out of gas and had a flat in Cheaha on my way to Talladega 60 minitues before the race started.