Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart pushes back against slow offensive starts for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,712 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart pushes back against slow offensive starts for Georgia football

ATHENS — Kirby Smart began his press conference following Georgia’s (2-0) 45-3 win over Ball State by talking about practice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watching Kirby in interviews I see absolutely no panic. In fact he only seems to have limited frustration and anger. Kirby knows where we are, where we need to be, and how to get there. I trust him. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Nope. When have you EVER heard Kirby throw out a sales pitch like that, in support of a QB? When all that controversy was swirling around Stetson Bennett...all we got was "crickets" from the coaching staff. Until Monkin said something before the Michigan Game.

I think somebody may have said something to him about it...and, he doesn't want Beck to have to live with the grumbling from "Fans", that Bennett had to endure for 3 years.

Yeah...Bennett got some half-hearted support, that allowed the speculations to continue. Nothing like Kirby's message over the last 2 weeks. Makes me wonder...why?.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Lol...looks like Saban retired and just, didn't tell anybody. 🤣😎...I love to them getting "it taken to em", in the 4th.

• Options

@BigDawg61 Hey here my Brother !! Good comments from you as always !! Looking at other top 25 teams and SEC teams that played similar level rivals I Believe our Dawgs will be just fine. Example Vols only beating Austin Peay 30-13, they were predicted to win 63-13 !! And Furman put up 21 points on SC. We’re gonna be fine just get better each game. Saban looked like he aged Allot tonight !! 😂 I don’t have any love for the Horns but I despise Saban and the Gumps !!! Bwahaha !! Was great seeing them going down in Their house and yeah in the 4th Qtr. Another Bwahaha !!!

• Options

FYI...UGA tied for 2nd most points scored, among top ten teams. And, I bet they held their opponent to the fewest points. Lol....hell, I think they outscored most of em, in the 2nd qtr, alone. If we're keeping up with margin of victory, now.

UGA's average margin of victory over the last 33 games, is roughly 27 points. I thought that was pretty impressive. They're averaging just over 40 pts/game on offense and giving up 13 pts/game.

What'd I tell ya, bout the Bama line and QB...vs Texas...and their QB?. I figured it would go down to the 4th qtr...but, Sark beat em up, just as bad in the 4th qtr as UGA did in the '21 Natty...with the same guy UGA used...AD Mitchell. I didn't see that one coming.

Over the last couple of years, it took magic from a "Bryce Young" to pull out all those close games, they nearly lost...including last year's Texas game. Now...that they don't have a Bryce Young insurance policy...some of those games are bound to go the other way. They're at least a year away from "greatness"...or, a Natty run.

Bama doesn't look any better, this year, than they did last year. In fact, worse. They don't have "that guy" on either side of the ball. You know that electric player that carries magic in his pocket for big moments, like Bowers or Mews or Stark....or, AD Mitchell. I will say, Burton had a nice game. He's improved much. And, I couldn't have been prouder of AD Mitchell.

I'd be willing to bet, this is Saban's "swan-song" year. The coffers are full of talent, so there's no better time...unless, he really is..."in it, to win it". It just doesn't seem like it, this year. I swear it looked like he was saying his goodbyes to Sark...before and after the game.

As much as i love to hate Bama...I just hate to see his program come apart like that. It's always sad to say goodbye to an era. It's been like watching a train wreck in slow motion, since Saban's last Natty, in '20. I'm not sure he can recover...if his latest hires, fail....or, if he would even "want to". Lol...hard fella to read.

That being said...I love this new era if UGA Football, that Kirby brought to town. He has invented a new form of "College Football". It's more about training guys to be professional ballplayers and coaches...like a school for ballerinas or ice skaters. Lol

And, oh yeah...they use those guys to put together a football team, every Fall, in order to conduct practical training, in "competition & teamwork". i think that's the name of the Advanced Course. Lol Sometimes they even get a trophy, for their efforts.

Go Dawgs.

• Options

My Brother DN needs to hire you on as a writer !!! Love your comments !!! And 99% of the time your spot on but I know your striving for Elite so you won’t be satisfied till your 100% !! But seriously I really do enjoy your comments and I learn Allot. And you Are right much of the time.

Yeah ole Slick Nick has certainly earned respect. I don’t “Hate” anybody, but I certainly dislike him. His smug and arrogant attitude crawls up the back of my neck. But and again I guess he’s earned that respect.

But I believe Kirby is on track to upstage ole Nicky Boy. Correct me if I’m wrong as I easily could be, but even Nick hasn’t had a B2B right ?? If Kirby gets the 3Peat and I think he Can and Will, even though at the moment Saban has More rings he’ll Never be able to say he did what KS did.

Even if KS misses on the :3Peat which I sure hope he doesn’t. He’ll either be winning Nattys out right or be knocking on the door for years to come as long as he stays HC at UGA. Kirby has the program at an Elite level and climbing. Saban is on a downward trend. Yep their QB is exactly what You and some others predicted, a guy that can run, has a strong arm, but can’t read defensive coverages and is not very accurate throwing the ball. Unless he improves vastly as the season goes on Bama is in deep trouble.

The Ball St. QB would be pretty dangerous if he had the caliber players Bama has to work with !! I say that because Two of his INTs were tipped passes. But he was actually pretty accurate and knew when to throw the ball away. I think he was a True Freshman as well. So among their own peer group Ball St. will do well or should. Same thing for UTM among their own. Yes both were cupcakes but using SweetNLow instead of pure sugar !! 😂 Hope you and your family and friends have a Great season my Brother !!

• Options

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the compliment, Navy. I appreciate the thought...but, it's one thing to write passionately about something you believe in passionately. It's another to have write something about something you couldn't care less about...on a deadline. Lol. I respect those beat writers...but, I don't always agree with em.