Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett placed on non-football injury list as Sean McVay gives cryptic update

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett placed on non-football injury list as Sean McVay gives cryptic update

Stetson Bennett was placed on the non-football injury list by the Los Angeles Rams on Wednesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that's not a good look. That's 2 SEC QB's with "issues". Matt Corral and now Stetson. I hope he gets it together, whatever it is.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

"He went 29-1 as a starter over the last two seasons". UGA was 29-1 over the last 2 seasons. Didn't JTD start a couple/few of those games? Everybody reading on this site knows that. CR pushing his SBIV narrative or just lazy reporting? Hopefully, SBIV's issue/injury isn't anything major. SBIV is a great football story that needs to continue.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't stay outta trouble. Needs to grow up.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...really? What the hell do you know...that the rest of us don't. I didn't hear anything like what you seem to have inferred. He may be sick, for all we know. Have you somehow managed to avoid injury or illness throughout your life?

Amazing...the leaps people make, in their own minds. "If it's private...it must be bad."....says, someone without family or friends. Lol

• Options

Bottom line, is..."money".

If Bennett did something "bad"....it would have, more than likely, been a contract violation. Which means...LA would've "cut him"...rather than pay him.

Keeping him around, means it is "personal & private" as stated...AND...he's expected to return and contribute. So, it's not the end of the Bennett LA saga, by any means. At least, we know, he's better than Rypien. Lol

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It could be a wide variety of things. I’d be careful not to jump to conclusions on this. My wife and I got some kind of bug that’s had us really sick for over three weeks !! Not COVID but my primary doctor ( I have three I Have to see) said there’s a bug going around that’s pretty rough.

Thank God both of us are feeling much better. I haven’t been that sick in gosh years and years !! So it could be something like that.

Speaking For Me, people gotta do what They think is best for them, but until there is factual information that he’s done something “bad” I’d caution not to think like that.

Not Stetson but other people Im guilty of having jumped conclusions only to end up with egg all over my face !! And although I sure hope I don’t and will try to guard against it, I could do it again in the future.

But really when you get down to it, it’s not right or a good thing to think that way about people. Again and Yes I’ve done it with people before to, but it’s wrong. If you see me “guess” on somebody in a similar situation on here, call me out on it. I’d appreciate if if you would be kind and constructive about it. But let me know, I’d actually appreciate it as I don’t want or need to be doing that.

Im talking about hear say and guessing, if it’s a Fact, well that will stand on its on. I hope Stetson does well in the NFL for allot of reasons.

• Options

He's falling in to the LA lifestyle just like Gurley did. Not mature enough to stay away from the trouble. You can have your opinion but mine is not a knee-jerk reaction to anything. Stetson have gone downhill since mouthing off last year. Busted once or twice and now this.

• Options

Too immature for the LA lifestyle. Just like what happened to Gurley.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

By all accounts, SBIV was having a good rookie camp - up to the second preseason game - and McVay was happy with his performance. SBIV's QBR for game 1 was 89.9 and he looked great (17 of 29 for 191 yards and a TD). Lots of positive buzz. Game 2 QBR was 61.5 (15 of 24 for 142, no TDs but his first interception. Game 3 was a disaster. QBR was 12.0 (4 of 9 for 14 yards, no TDs and two more interceptions). I think he got benched.

Something happened.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Were you and Gurley good friends? What's it like living in LA with those guys?

• Options
    edited September 2023

They said something, last week or the week before...about Bennett dealing with a sore arm, throughout camp...which accounted for his issues in the last preseason game. Just, one more dot to connect. I have no idea, if it's related to the NFI.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Lol...you know, I just thought of something. Bennett was in Athens last Saturday for the game. Do ya think, he and @MikeGriffith got in a fight...and, Mike kicked his ass into October. 🤣

• Options

I know people who know Todd. Just ask any NFL player about the LA lifestyle and how it can get to you.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Most of the LA population is immature. Full of spoiled movie stars, musicians, and professional athletes living in a fantasy world. So if Bennett was immature, he'd fit in perfectly with the LA crowd.

• Options

Lol...funny you should mention that. I just got through, watching the last episode of "Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty ". I've been getting an "education" on the LA Lifestyle.

I kinda had an inkling. I was stationed in San Diego for several months, back in the '80's. I loved how "laid back" it was. But, there are a thousand and one ways for a young man to get in trouble, there. I explored some of em myself. Lol.

• Options