Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shane Beamer shares why Georgia football offense will have different twist

SystemSystem Posts: 10,569 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageShane Beamer shares why Georgia football offense will have different twist

ATHENS — South Carolina coach Shane Beamer knows to expect the unexpected against Georgia on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Depends on the 1st half. If SC keeps it close through the first 15 min. And the dawgs are slow to start, your prediction is close.

but if Georgia can find some rhythm early the score could resemble last years romp

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, if the DAWGS start off the way they did against their 1st 2 opponents, it'll be a close game. If DAWGS start fast, it may end up being a blowout like last year..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look for SC to bring as heavy a blitz as they are able to to try to shake Beck up. Will be interesting to see how Both Beck and our O line react to that.

Off topic but Bama plays South Florida in Tampa. Will the Bulls put up many points on Bama ? If I were the HC of the Bulls I’d try to bring the strongest blitz possible nearly every play. Milroe doesn’t react to pressure very well.

Let’s hope that Beck can, as he’s not yet seen any real pressure. Y’all already know this and know it well, we are So blessed to have Bowers !! Rival Ds have to not only account for him but tailor the D around the fact that he’s on the field. He’s just That dangerous !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If figure if Ball St and whoever the other team was can stop us between the tackles then SC should be able to also. I don't see how one week is going to fix that magically. Hopefull we shut down their run too. So then it becomes who can pass it around on who better. THat should be us as the better passers.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

IMO....Carolina won't be any more competition to the Dawgs, than their last 2 games. UGA will run the ball, all over Carolina, next week...and, the talking heads will be saying..."RBU is back."., Lol...cause that's just what talking heads do.

The defense will account for 4 turnovers, 6 Sacks and 17 pts (resp. for). Final score...62-7. That's just my guess.

Carolina won't be able to run the ball, forcing Rattler to pass it,...take off and run with it...or, throw it away. He won't have time, to take a 5-7 step drop and read through progressions. He's gonna have to get the ball out of his hands fast, if he's gonna pass it...which means Carolina's offense will depend on accurate presnap reads.

I believe the Dawgs will be able to get pressure on Rattler with a 3 man rush...leaving 7 to cover and 1 to spy or blitz. Kirby and Muschamps ability to disguise the coverage/blitz packages...will lead to at least 4 turnovers.

UGA's defense and Special Teams will account for at least 17 pts.

The offense will account for at least 45 points, mainly on the ground...grinding the clock. Beck will hit a couple of long ones, in this one...before Kirby dials the offense back.

I give Carolina 7 pts for Rattler.

UGA. 62 [7pts HFA].......USC. 7

• Options
    edited September 2023

Milroe won't start Saturday...so, there's no-telling what's gonna happen with Bama, Saturday. If they don't get more physical on the LOS, than they have been....it could be another long day for Bama Fans. Lol

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Throw the first 2 games out the window. Its about to get REAL. Season starts now. So does our REAL offensive and defensive units. Its game on.

Constructive or any criticism of the team, prior to now is mostly invalid. But will be valid going forward.

Everything before now, pretty much based on 1/2 everything. Or less...1/4?

We will FINALLY see the REAL 2023 Georgia Bulldogs come 3:30 Saturday.

• Options

I think, we'll only see what's necessary, to win. I also think, UGA could be blowing people off the field...with their 2nd team...but, Kirby likes to keep the praise & hype machine, to a silent hum, using the defense and short game. Lol...Kirby won't show any more of his hand, than required, this early in the season. IMO

Which means we get to see some great football, this year....havoc creating defense and power running game, with play action pass and occasional QB Draw. A winning formula, in my book.

And, you're right..."We ain't seen nuthin' yet.". Kirby, Mike and Will, will probably turn it on for about a quarter...or, half...just to see everybody singin' & dancin' in-tune & in-step..

Lord knows, we probably won't see a "TCU Style" blowout till the postseason. We'll see some of the parts...but, we won't see the sum of the parts, till it's needed. That's scary. Lol...I wouldn't want to have to coach and match up against em. I know that.