Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following win over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,465 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following win over South Carolina

Winner: Tykee Smith

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

Agreed. Nothing to do with the UGA game.

@Kconnorriley Smart has said multiple times he wants his QB to protect the ball. In a day when it was raining, 1st SEC start for your QB and your defense got it handed to them in the first half him and Bobo went to what should be the teams bread and butter all last yr. A few missed blocks by recievers, missed (should be) reception by Lovett (that would have been a huge play), few self inflicted penalties and no PI call inside the 10 and people aren't concerned.

How about in the Losers: Our Kicking game? We need to figure out something there.

Winner: Dawgs resilience and grit to pull out the win when you weren't at your best with some very good 2nd half adjustments.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, the kicking game might be my biggest concern right now. 6 points left on the field, and we all remember last year against Ohio State how important the kicking game can become.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Winner: Dawgs resilience and grit to pull out the win when you weren't at your best with some very good 2nd half adjustments".....

DAWG RESILIENCE, was the biggest winner.....followed by FAN resilience, in the pouring rain it was raucous, loud and raw until the end....What an inspiration!........as opposed to .back in my day (early 70's) the east end hill would have been filled with muddy drunks so leaving early was the only option!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

What’s with the lamentation by Smart about getting 1st-and-10s on the 10-yard-line and how difficult that can be? The standards of expectation and execution don’t give a flip about such situations. He’s starting to sound like recent Coach Saban with the woe-is-me talk. Very uncharacteristic. 

And what Connor, no assessment of the kicking game? You did give special teams a generous D in your other article, but did we have to resort to commentary on Alabama’s QB situation to avoid labeling our kicking game as a loser? Soft. I get it, we don’t want to be mean, and the fans don’t need to be a-holes about it either… but I’m sorry in Woodring’s case, if you’re #1 at any position coming out of high school there are expectations of performance, and I would argue especially at kicker. And I know something about meeting expectations. I was #1 in procrastination and slacking off out of high school, and by God I lived up to the hype in college- three schools, 6.5 years, and only *one* 4-year degree, and I’m not even using that degree now. If I can do it, Woodring certainly can!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Andrew Paul still on the team? If so, let him have some carries!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Connor Riley writing 100+ words about Alabama’s and Saban’s quarterback situation in an article titled “Georgia’s winner and losers following the game against SC!?!

Good ‘ole AJC, boy, their employees never fail to impress!

Careful, Connor, you are beginning to pick up Mike G habits!