Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oregon’s dominating 42-6 win over Colorado a victory for college football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageOregon’s dominating 42-6 win over Colorado a victory for college football

Dan Lanning scored a win for the betterment of college football on Saturday, burying the emerging sideshow produced by Deion Sanders at Colorado.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nor has anyone given Lanning or his players for returning Oregon football to championship contender status through coaching and player development.

Yeah, whatever @MikeGriffith ... Lanning took over a loaded team that won 10 games the previous season and he took them to ... 10 wins. Bo Nix, a Heisman candidate? Sure chief. You are pretending as if we haven't seen that deer in a headlights at Auburn. The QBs at Washington, USC and Utah were better QBs than Nix last year and they all came back. Are they going to get worse or something?

Oregon is a "championship contender" when they could very easily finish #4 in the Pac-12 to Utah, USC and Washington? That's rich. There are a ton of reasons to not like Sanders' circus at Colorado, but allegedly taking attention from a "more deserving Oregon team" isn't it. Also, please quit pretending as if Dan Lanning is this grizzled veteran program builder. Again, he is in his second season and inherited a talented team at a program that's had 2 losing seasons in 30 years. Lanning is 37. If you are going to compare him to Deion Sanders, that should open a debate over how SOME GUYS are getting major college and NFL jobs handed to them when they are in their early-mid 30s while OTHER GUYS get stuck at position coach and coordinator their entire careers. Yeah, I said it - or wrote it - and like it or not this is a reason why there are a ton of people rooting for Sanders. Give Sanders that Oregon job - a top 10 program on a silver platter - and let Lanning take over that disaster area in Boulder and then let's see who is the better coach.

I am not even a Deion Sanders fan. (I have my reasons.) And I actually root against Colorado. (Again, reasons. I am angry that Boulder got a soft landing in the Big 12 because they didn't deserve it. But another story for another day.) But please, no trying to pass off Oregon as this championship contender, Bo Nix as a great QB or Dan Lanning as this guy who has built a winning program because none of those things are true.

After getting yet another patsy - Stanford - next week then a bye week, Oregon has to play Washington, WSU (who deserves that spot in the Big 12 that Colorado is getting), Utah, Cal and USC in 5 consecutive weeks. (Their schedule maker needs a stern talking-to.) Let's see how much hype Nix and Lanning deserve then.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best thing about all of the Colorado talk, nobody has even mentioned UGA all year. Correct our mistakes, gain some confidence, and aim for that third Championship in a row. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Two things. I LOVED the Oregon fake punt! Thing of beauty and a definite statement. Second, let's not kid ourselves, today's Oregon would beat today's UGA if they played tomorrow. Just a fact. This years version of the Dawgs looks soft. Soft up the middle of the D. Soft on the O line. Yeah they won. They should. Beck looks slow and can't handle a blitz. Especially for a QB so long in the system. Auburn will tell the tale, but this feels more like a Richt team than a Smart team (no disrespect to Richt intended.) Look at Smart on the sideline. Not the same fire. He knows it too.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those Colorado/Deion kool-aid drinkers can put it down now. Sorry that reality has finally bit y’all in the b u t t. Go Dawgs!!