Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 takeaways from Georgia’s 49-21 win over UAB: Feeding the monster

2»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On a some what different note but Still very important. Wouldn’t it be Really Cool if Andrew Paul started coming on strong ( he’s showed some flashes of potential albeit not against good defenses necessarily) ?? And Sevaughn Clark as well ?? Though I know one 7 yd. TD run doesn’t give us much to go on. I’m just asking What If ?? We could sure use them, Especially at This point in time !! Go Dawgs !!

Oh an in addition to the starters and guys we’ve seen a pretty good bit of, Who if Any could help us on deep routes ?? We’ve got Rosemy-JackSaint, Lovett, RaRa, Bowers, and hopefully in the future McConkey for go to deep. Are there others that have solid potential for the deep routes ??

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe pass that Arian touched was a tough one because it appeared to me that he turned the wrong way initially or had to make an adjustment and his arms were fully outstretched. So, there's that. But he's defintely not a liability as a receiver as one heretofore mentioned former DAWG!

• CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those deep passes, whether caught or not, keep defenses honest and pull safeties away from tight coverage. Besides helping the running game, it allows beneath routes, like to Brock or Cash to open up. After the 2 deep drops, Brock was left alone several times. Also, deep passes are always somewhat low percentage.

Not every QB and receiver can be like Pat Sullivan to Terry Beasley. I know, I know, I am just showing my age. For those of you under 60, my apologies for such an old reference, especially the week of the Auburn game.

I say to Carson and Bobo, keep the deep ones coming. We will catch our share. Go Dawgs!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was good to see him running hard last night. He took a pretty good shot to the legs/knees on a KO and jumped right up. It often takes until the 2nd season post-ACL repair to be back to normal. Looking for bigger and better things from Mr. Paul as the season goes on and into next year. It sure was good to see him taking meaningful snaps last night

Amen Brother !! Amen !! I see allot of potential in him !! Hey what’s your take on CJ Smith the WR ?? Could he help be a deep threat for us ?? He’s got pretty good height at 6’3”. Don’t know what his speed is like. I was looking at his stats on the official site, and for the amount of playing time he’s had he’s done pretty well. If we could come up with just one more reliable and consistent deep threat it’d be a big help to Beck in many ways. Go Dawgs !!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like him a lot. He has great size and is supposed to be a blazer with speed. I believe he went to state in HS in the 100 or 200 meter in Florida. He could be dangerous if he can get some playing time. His blocking may not be up to speed yet so that may be why he is not a quick substitute but he looks dangerous when he gets the ball in his hands. If his speed is legit, he should be a definite deep ball threat.

Oh Wow !! Thx for that info. !! Yeah Kirby pretty much demands good blocking skills, and that’s good for the team and the player in the long run. I wasn’t aware of that speed he has !! Maybe we’ve got ourselves another deep threat as the season progresses !! Thx. Again !! Go Dawgs !!

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

Doesn't appear the Dogs have even a top ten defense. Hope they can right the ship before late October/November. Florida's defense looks much stronger and coherent.