Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media doesn’t see Georgia as the No. 1 team in college football entering Auburn game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageNational media doesn’t see Georgia as the No. 1 team in college football entering Auburn game

ATHENS — Georgia hasn’t been the dominant team everyone assumed they would be through the first four games of the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

It really doesn't matter what they think! The committee in January is when it matters, but isn't this reminiscent of last year when TN was put at 1? The talking heads and "ahem" journalists (lol) only care about flashy headlines that give them clicks ex: Heather Dinich - Colorado is the epicenter of CFB blah blah blah or Kirk Hetbuckeyestreet AL is the number 1 team in the nation. They've all made it to where I actively avoid their articles and shows.

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hmm, so exactly why would anyone consider Washington a better team than UGA? I mean they did give up over 500 yards of total offense to Cal, a team Auburn held to under 300 yards at Cal.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@street0123

How many points did Auburn score against Cal versus what Washington laid on them?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Bwahaha !!! Amen !!! Realistically on paper at THIS particular moment in time Dawgs probably ain’t the best team. BUT they are and they Will get better and better and stronger and stronger each game played !!

The highly talented younger players will become more and more experienced. It was pretty much the Same Talking Heads that dissed Kirby and our Dawgs for the last two years !! Much to their dismay and horror they watched as Kirby held the National Champion Trophy up !! Twice !!!

Theres a Excellent chance their gonna see a Rerun of that famous movie again !!! Just keep chalking Ws !! Scores don’t matter, Just Win !! And our Dawgs will be right there at season’s end !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

Fully agree. However the dawgs could be in trouble IF FSU,PAC12 Champ, Big10 Champ and Texas all run the table AND UGA plays a 2 loss SEC west opponent in the SECC.

I haven’t checked future schedules to see if this is possible.

best for us if Bama runs the table BIG and we beat them worse than Texas!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk to me in November. I think these Dawgs will come together, injuries will heal, and the team will gel much better over the next month or so.

Also, concerning weak schedules...teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and USC don't bode much better.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just win baby! Keep improving and win. It will all take care of itself.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If, You mean the same media that hyped up Colorado. I'm good with that!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

@street0123

While I am convinced that a healthy Georgia - which means not Georgia right now - would beat Washington on a neutral field, to be fair Cal racked up nearly all of their yards and points against Washington in garbage time. And when you consider that Washington had 52 points on the board with 11 minutes left in the third quarter, there was a lot of garbage time. UW could have put up 80 had they been so inclined.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i too would think that to be the case. However this article is about those not ranking UGA #1.

In 4 weeks the committee will start calling the shots.

but for now the press love FSU. They will do anything to have PAC12 In their last year of existence. The Big10 ALWAYS gets preferential treatment. And wouldn’t they finally love to say “TEXAS IS BACK” in their final big12 season.

and Don’t fool yourself. ESPN has influence and UGA is not their team.

The DAWGS just need to take care of business in a convincing manner to quiet any doubters

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Happy to hear it.

hopefully this makes the team hungry and go out there with something to prove

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the same national media that said watch out for Alabama right? The national media is fickle don't pay attention to them. Just win and keep moving the national media will come around once they realize what the real story is (Three Peat).