Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Carson Beck passes Auburn road test, overcomes double-digit deficit

SystemSystem Posts: 10,524 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck passes Auburn road test, overcomes double-digit deficit

AUBURN, Ala. — Georgia quarterback Carson Beck was staring adversity in the face amid deafening noise, a national television looking on as he fell behind 10-0.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great work Carson, my advice...start earlier. KY will try you far more than Auburn. KY will be your toughest opponent yet. Hope you are able to rally the win.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shocked how bad the defense was today.

• Options
    RxDawg06RxDawg06 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

It would be so nice to see Georgia play 4 quarters of football and not sleep for the first half or 3 quarters.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

While it was an u g l y (not sure why that word is banned) game, one positive for sure is the fact this team (Beck in particular) faced down adversity in a hostile environment and made the crucial plays when it counted. Now moving forward, use that as confidence and build on it. This team still hasn’t had a great game, but I’m hoping this will give them some confidence moving forward.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the "grades" come out Monday....The TEAM gets an A+ for over coming adversity on the road....it was obvious we did not plan on a defense to contain a "back yard" QB that runs the ball.....why did we not have a "spy" on every play???

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Mike this was an Excellent article !! And it really puts things in perspective on Beck. I Know, I Know that the Dawgs have Allot of work to do in Allot of areas.

But on Beck I encourage my fellow Dawgs fans to Really Read this article don’t just speed through it. For Any Dawgs fan that’s been around a pretty good while, playing at Jordan Hare Stadium is Always daunting !! Even if Auburn is having a less than stellar season in any particular year, you can Never assume that a W is just an Automatic Given there. Your gonna have to Earn it !!

Their fanbase was Extremely loud and raucous today !! Hoping to knock off the number one team in the land. Some of Beck’s supporting cast let him down today. Though guys like Brock Bowers, Rosemy-JackSaint, McConkey gave him a boost. But as for solely on Beck, all told he did very, very well !!

Now to take on a upsurging Kentucky team !! But at least that will be in the friendly spaces between the hedges !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The defense played better than the score indicated. The 2 turnovers that gave Auburn 2 short field touchdowns really hurt. UGA'S defensive stop late in the 1st half in the red zone was huge. Kirby said the long QB runs were his and coaches fault not the players. Is this defense as good as the past 2 years? Probably not, but I saw effort and no quit, like when Bullard didn't give up on long Auburn QB run and chased him down.

• Options

Exact same question I was telling my wife as the game went on. Got burned Way to many times by Both QBs running the ball. I was more disappointed with our Defense than our O today. BUT at least they showed up when it counted. So I’m easy to forgive Em.

All in all, I thought Beck did Very Well !! Their crowd was Hostile !! And our turn overs only fed their fire !! So Beck and Many of our Dawgs rose up and met the challenge. Some though not so much. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Color me completely s t u p I d Lol !! I thought Bullard was still out. But in fairness to me ( long story) I had My Own medical situation right before the game and pretty much all the first half. I have the game recorded, I’ll watch it again probably tomorrow.

I made a comment on here on another thread about When We Get Bullard Back !! That’s Why I said color me as a Dufus Lol !! Glad he’s back and able to pursue like that !! But I sure hope he can spark the Defense to a better performance vs Kentucky !!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, that was hard to watch but the article puts things into perspective. We would all love the offense to be as deadly as had been thought (particularly the O line), but they are still figuring things out. Would love to see the O line get consistent push but I just don’t think that will happen. Best part of this article is the fact Beck, and Bobo, don’t have those elite defenses of the last 2 seasons available to bail out any mistakes.

This is going to be a crazy season, especially starting next week with Kentucky. They looked like a complete team today and had a great running game against a Florida defense that has been pretty stout against the run this season.

In addition to Bowers (who is unbelievable), you have to love Edwards. Man, he is a true workhorse with very little relief to take the load off him. He just keeps churning and picked up crucial yards when needed. Go DAWGS

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Griffith, I know you have to **** up to the powers that be but Beck is a diaster with Bobo as an OC. Beck needs to have his depth perception checked. When is that idiot going to learn that this team CANNOT run the ball up the middle. They couldn't against Ball State or UAB or SC or UT Martin. Why waste 15 to 20 plays a game. This is now the 3rd game where the D cannot protect the edge. We miss Tresman Marshall a lot more than most people thought. This team should be an underdog to the visiting 'Cats

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

They won't be a #1 ranked team on Monday. This Auburn team barely beat Cal and was destroyed by Texas A&M. I am so tired of Bobo's teams playing down to competition. The bookies had it right a 44 point over and under. With the right OC and QB, the Dogs would have scored 44. The way this team is playing I sure hope we can keep Raiola in the fold.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Post game HOT HOT HOT Take...

We will be fine. This team is different but the same..

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

UGA needs another guy on offense, preferably two. Hoping that Milton will be one of them. That will allow Dillon Bell to focus on WR. And I am hoping that Ladd McConkey will be the other. And yes, despite the fumble, they need to keep calling Delp's number. Playing both Delp and Bowers simultaneously helps the running game, and it looks like UGA is going to need big years from Edwards and Milton. So throwing it to Delp at least times a game keeps the defense honest.

• Options

Amen Bro. Looks like You actually Read the article. I can be and I am during the game as negative as the best of them or should I say worst of them ? But Actually Beck did Really Well, on the road in a Very Hostile environment.

Yes he had one INT. But some of those turn overs were not on him. And the Defense didn’t really Switch On until the 4th Qtr. All in all Beck and Bobo did their jobs. Bowers Excelled st doing his !! Rosemy-JackSaint did really well. Ladd did Very well in his limited time and when it’s taken into consideration he’s missed the first Four games !!

Any Dawgs fans that have watched this Rivalry Game down through the years Ought To Know that we’re probably not just gonna go in their house, stomp them and leave !! Yes that has happened from time to time, but Rare. Jordan-Hare is Always a daunting place for the Dawgs to play No Matter how Auburn’s season is going, as They like We do them despise us and are gonna give us their Best game of the season.

SO these things said I’ll be happy to take this rather nasty W !! Because it IS a W. And in the end posting the W’s is the thing that matters most. BOTH of the last Two Ntl. Champion Teams had Their fair share of Nasty W’s !! And I remember Very clearly people saying We’ll NEVER win a Ntl. Title with Stetson Bennett.

Surprisingly there were Some that were actually Angry when he come back for the Second one and posted many comments saying so right here on DN !! Like Allot of Dawgs fans I grumble and complain and belly ache while the game is going on !! And of course I throw in MY fair share of They Oughta do this and They Oughta do that, and Don’t do this and Don’t do that. I’m just Glad Kirby doesn’t listen to me and wouldn’t care if he could Hear me !! 😂 The W’s are the Most important stat, and Those are what take us to the Ntl. Title. ALL other stats are inferior to the W !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

Beck looked good and was throwing strikes- the Int was not his fault- that’s on the receiver- defender got there early as well. When they got the ball at the 2, I wasn’t even concerned - the only thing stopping UGA was UGA. And Bowers is just ridiculous- he grabbed a couple of balls one handed although sadly, one didn’t count

The biggest issue I have is with tackling which is hard to believe- Bullard also took some bad angles- the last two years the first guy didn’t miss but that has happened with far too much frequency this year.

• Options

Rosemy-JackSaint is coming on. He’s looked pretty good thus far. Glad to see Ladd able to play as well as he did in his limited time. Lovett doing pretty well. I agree with you about Delp. I hope they don’t seek to punish him by not throwing it to him. They Do need to use him as a legit target some.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Beck is playing pretty well. 300+ yards, 70% passing %. Hopefully he will continue to improve as he gains in game experience. He seems to know his progressions, where to go with the ball and makes mostly good decisions.

I said it after week 1, '23 ref's allowing a lot of contact by DB's vs wr's. On Beck's INT the AU DB pretty much went through the UGA WR (#1) , knocked him off the ball to get his INT.

People want to fault Bobo for calling running plays. It seems that UGA only has 1 running play. If you don't count the occasional jet sweep it seems the only actual RB running play UGA has is that delay handoff/counter trey play. I get it. CKS wants to beat down the D so they wear out in the 4th. But I think that can still be done with other running plays.

UGA D is a hot mess. Just plain bad against the run (7 ypc vs AU). No pass rush w/o blitzing. And DB's cannot defend the pass w/o interfering. Suddenly (for some of you) KY, MS and TN games don't look like such a walk in the park.

Saw something in the UGA/AU game I can't recall seeing before. On 1st down, AU got pressure on Beck. Beck got rid of the ball (VERY dangerously) a split second before he was whistled "in the grasp" . The ball was almost INT'd but the AU defender dropped it. Then between 1st and 2nd down CBS threw in a full commercial break! What?! I don't think there was an injury or TO. More time for commercials since the games have been shortened?