Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why a physical game against Kentucky might be just what Georgia needs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhy a physical game against Kentucky might be just what Georgia needs

ATHENS — Whether it be at inside linebacker or the offensive line, Georgia players have no problem saying it. As a team, they acknowledge they haven’t played up to their potential this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm expecting a war, I hope to see us pull out all the tools in the arsenal and survive a battle. I believe it will be a competitive game. I expect and hope to see a package for BVG to throw UK off balance with the RPO, similar to what Freeze did to us last week.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim, I can't argue with Carson's 3rd down expertise, he has been the catalysis for every game success this year, and he has established himself as The Field Commander for The Dawgs.....I have to smile when looking at the crazy passing yards put up by the current so called "Heisman" front runners.....Carson's 3rd down proficiency out shines them all! I'm concerned with why we can't be as successful on 1st and 2nd down so we're not in this "do or die" situation?.......Missed block, dropped pass, wrong route, missed check down, wrong play????? To "out physical" Kentucky The Dawgs will need to sharpen up all of these aspects....To "out physical" Kentucky, The Dawgs will need to take advantage of our Home Field Advantage and PHYSICALLY DOMINATE The Wildcats on Saturday.......that's exactly what I expect to see.....GOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The reason we haven't ran the ball well doesn't fall on not having the"right" guys to run the ball back there. THe O-lines job is to open up holes or lanes and whoever is running if they arer a big time recruit playing at a major college can run through an opening. Naturally the more gifted RB's can score(take it to the house) or dance and weave better at the second level than others and gain more yardage but our poor RB's have been **** repeatedly at the line of scrimmage and that's not on them.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd love to stuff the Wildcat's running game but that may not be possible with this year's defense. But a bend but don't break scenario would work as well. We've got to improve our 114th ranking in Red Zone defense. That's atrocious.

• Options

THeres no way our O-line lines up and pushes KY's defense around, sorry, we haven't mashed anyone yet, not going to start with the most dominant D-line we have faced yet. No way we just lineup and out pysical them. We can still win the game because we ( I believe) have more skills on Offense than they do. If we can slow down their run game to say holding them under 150 yards rushing with no long TD runs then we should win going away.

If we are creative on offense and don't kill drives that are going great through the air by trying to run up the middle inexplicably then we will be in good shape. I just hope Bobo doesn't wait til the 2nd half to open up the offense. Florida's QB, whom I wouldn't put in the same class as CB was 25-30 against KY and that with a non-existent run game.

TIme to trust in Beck and let him set the tone early. Please don't waste the 1st quarter trying to run up the middle and having 3rd and long for CB. Time to hit some shots down field, loosen up the safeties. Do more than just the little inside screens.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we will just have to take what the defense gives us. If the pass is open we take it. If the run is open we take it. Beck is a really really good qb, I am not worred about him.

I just want to see if we were able to fix some of our defensive issues this week or we will continue to struggle. That is the big question mark.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I've seen you bring this up a few times now. According to ncaa.com, Georgia ranks 65th in red zone defense. Still not good, but a far cry from 114.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

@E_Roc...I got that stat from the announcers last weekend during the Auburn game. Not sure which stat board they got it from, but you are right, it ain't good either way...especially compared to the past 2 years.

And I do see Michigan and Texas are ranked #1 and #2 in Red Zone defense on NCAA.com. Not bad for a Texas team that has played (2) ranked teams and playing another ranked team in Oklahoma this weekend. We've got work to do.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like the attitude of the Dawgs that were interviewed, but I am looking for action. We will find out if the 2023 Dawgs are man enough to beat Kentucky. Words alone will not win it.

• Options

I'm a little in shock at the moment, I know this is jumping ahead but I just went down the roster looking at DL and we're losing most of the line save for Jordan Hall and Jarrett and all we have is for next season is those who are currently Freshmen and a redshirt sophmore! No Sophmores and Juniors moving up! WOW! Better make it count this year! We need some grown men playing DL. Hope CKS can hit the transfer portal or next year's DL will be worse than this years.

NOt sure how we let this happen.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bear and Shone Washington transferred. But we'll have Williams, TIG, and Miller back also. Plus we're set to sign 5-6 defensive linemen in this class so we'll be good

• Options

JUst can't depend on a bunch of Freshmen and Sohpmores to be dominant.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

5 or 6 freshmen DL expected to be major contributors in '24 does not win championships. CKS has to cherry pick DL from the TP after this season.

A physical game vs KY might be what UGA needs? Well I hope so because that's what UGA is gonna get. The young players will get their welcome to SEC football saturday. I hope they're ready. I know UGA practices hard but this game will be more intense and harder hitting than any UGA practice.