Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following beatdown of Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,702 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following beatdown of Kentucky

Winner: Jamon Dumas-Johnson

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Miley Cyrus? Seriously who cares?

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Agree ti AMIDawg. Carr has an attitude no team will care too have in the lox\cker room.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sometimes what initially looks like a miss on a recruit, turns out not to be a miss. Carr is a prima dona and would be toxic in a Team oriented locker room like UGA. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Unlike the game against Auburn, Beck didn’t need a half to really get going. He fired touchdown passes on each of Georgia’s first three drives.”

Really? So Beck gets the blame for the previous slow starts? It’s all about play calling. The KY game is the first time the so-called “game plan” let Beck sling it from the get go. I realize I’ve been a Beck fan for at least two years, but this was the first time we actually utilized his skill set to the max. The slow starts have been due to puzzling play calling which may be the result of the “game plan” for those games. Who knows? In those other games, we didn’t open up the playbook until we had to. When we did open up the playbook, Beck performed well and we were able to overcome the slow starts.

Have we learned anything from these first 6 games? Hopefully we have, but only time will tell.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Conner is saying that Carr’s approach (all the drama and projection) to attempting to justify his decision with head-scratching “logic” is the “loser”.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday was CBeck's wake up call to the uninformed that he is pretty good. It was also an announcement that if you let him sit back in the pocket he will pick you apart. Expect future opponent D's to bring a very heavy dose of blitzing and pressure. CBeck will be moved off his spot and pressured going forward. He will be more vigorously tested.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That should be interesting.

My guess is blitzing might not work so well. Beck's reads are top notch and he has a very quick release.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read an article on Carr and his high school coach acknowledged that Carr had some previous issues, but believed he had moved past them. Evidently not. Glad he is not in this recruiting class.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad you posted this... otherwise, I was going to post similar! While I was indeed disappointed to see Alexander go to USC and Mitchell to Texas, etc., I was never unhappy that Burton moved on (although was disappointed to see him go to 'Bama... he IS a good WR, character traits aside). His behavior is so unlike what you see of the truly great Dawgs of the past 5 years (e.g., Bowers, Jordan D, Nakobe, etc.) in terms of high-performers who are also selfless.

Feel like Carr was going to have similar character issues... think we may have dodged a bullet there :)

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carr is an ignorant kid....not only would he never had competed against Bowers, he apparently has failed to realize that it doesn't matter what position you play....if you make plays when you get the ball, you will always get your share of the ball.....I think he did realize that The Dawgs will always have superior talent and he knows he'd always have to compete......best wishes and good riddance Nyland Carr.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I will be interesting. And let's hope he can handle it. He is not the most mobile/nimble QB.

Part of reading and successfully getting rid of the ball quickly is 1) having wr's that can get quick/immediate separation of the LOS. And 2) having RB's that can catch the ball. Those 2 conditions are 2 of the weakest areas of the '23 UGA offense.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I think you'd enjoy and benefit from watching Brooks Austin on YouTube doing his film breakdown of our passing offense against Kentucky. Notice what he points out about Carson Beck's "moves."

Go, Dawgs!